Author Topic: you know you can have "view models" and "world models" right  (Read 3591 times)

basically, if you set LoD for certain shapes on your model to something like 1, they will only appear in first person.
yes that's a thing. that's how you make hands on weapons in blockland properly you dunpasses

Here's a vid of it in action:
http://youtu.be/9IvDL3nlnZs
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:47:59 AM by Crystalwarrior »

if another player gets close to your weapon, does it appear like that for them?

Thanks Crystal, FINALY WEPS WITH HANDS :D

oh cool

finally something to send to people complaining about hands looking awkward in 3rd person

loving HELL i didn't think this was possible
the only issue is that hand coloration can still be annoying

if another player gets close to your weapon, does it appear like that for them?

no, that's not how it works.

This is great.

If I see another person complaining about hands, this topic is getting shoved in their faces about 30 times.

If I see another person complaining about hands, this topic is getting shoved in their faces about 30 times.
uh
that doesn't make very much sense to do
you should rather shove it into the face of a person who makes guns with hands the old way

uh
that doesn't make very much sense to do
you should rather shove it into the face of a person who makes guns with hands the old way
Well...The point is now that this has/maybe already been discovered. There is no reason to complain about hands anymore.

The thing is, everyone's known about this for a pretty long time, but no one does it. I thought I read somewhere that it didn't work, but it seems like it works fine in the video.

I might have to incorporate this into my TF2 mod...

Well...The point is now that this has/maybe already been discovered. There is no reason to complain about hands anymore.

yes there is
just because it's out there doesn't mean that stuff like walter's pack that removes your hands after you de-equip the weapon or that one stuffty SG553 with backwards white hands are both immune from criticism regarding hands

ya i already knew this

i've been telling dudes about this all over the place yeah

its not so much that we cant do it as much as it is that is a stuff ton of effort to put in for a small change

yes there is
just because it's out there doesn't mean that stuff like walter's pack that removes your hands after you de-equip the weapon or that one stuffty SG553 with backwards white hands are both immune from criticism regarding hands
lol that made me laugh, walter's pack is stuff though. Wait where is walter?

i've been telling dudes about this all over the place yeah

its not so much that we cant do it as much as it is that is a stuff ton of effort to put in for a small change
Heh?
Not really, not much effort is required.
You can just have a dummy shape that is literally a duplicate of your entire thing with an UV Map of diff colors it uses.
Then you animate the first-person thing the way you want it to be animated.

I did that for my HL2 Pistol, not yet seen in-game by me tho.

(Btw this doesn't mean I'll make my entire hl2 weapons pack have first person hands ok. Maybe a poll.)