Author Topic: Your Own Building Code  (Read 3209 times)

A small brick and a large brick must be replaced with 2 bricks of similar size. IE: Replacing a 16x1x5 and a 4x1x5 with 2 10x1x5 bricks

if it sucks delete it all

-Float Cube Base (make it purple)
-Start from the bottom up
-Build "Dupe Items" as I go, as needed
-Conserve bricks, Scan for Unneeded extra bricks (Bricks that aren't seen/two or more bricks that can be condensed into fewer)
-Segment Build Idea
-Build section by section
-Add detail to each section as I go

Note:
Always build interior first and form the exterior around it. Not the other way around.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:03:32 AM by Mr.Noßody »

- Don't focus on details
- Make it practical, get the job done

That's it.

I'm not big on building.

Note: Always build interior first and form the exterior around it. Not the other way around.
This is incredibly important.

Note:[/b] Always build interior first and form the exterior around it. Not the other way around.
i build exterior first, then interior
It appears we have a dispute. I find it lends to better building when I start with the exterior.

My main rule is that corners of four bricks cannot be touching the same point. This gives walls a less duplicated, more staggered feel.

Build exterior and interior on floor one then go same with all floors.

Next make roof.

Finito!

"IT MUST BE SYMMETRICAL SO IT'S COMPLETELY FAIR"
Even on DM maps, no idea why.

- Always build alone. Doing so allows me to take 100% credit of the build and the outcome will be as close as possible to what I planned/wanted.

- If some part of the build doesnt fully satisfy me, rebuild it until it does.

- Never use zonebricks as a building aid (applies to modter too in such use). It has always given me more trouble than help to a point in which I decided to use them never again.

Build major projects in Single Player.

i build exterior first, then interior
Note:[/b] Always build interior first and form the exterior around it. Not the other way around.
I find it lends to better building when I start with the exterior.
I love how they're all different, it's like how to approach painting a picture, except it's with bricks

Personally I constantly just alternate between the two going room to room.

- I sometimes design the layout
- Start with dupable palette
- Then puting down the baseplate and dup stuff on
- After that, paint
- Finally exterior
- If I like it, I keep it or change it a bit if I hate it, or even delete it

Purple is a temporary colour in most circumstances.  Anything I plan to duplicate is built on a purple plate/baseplate.
Pink is used if purple wont do, or I've used purple and need to differentiate.

I try to plan rooms using baseplates, coloured differently. A plate border 2x2 is then built around it to allow walls to be built. Otherwise my rooms always feel too small.

Try to have someone else with me when I build. Even if they're not helping. Without company I lose focus and get more annoyed at mistakes and difficulties. I hardly ever finish what I start or even get far if I am on my own.

I find that when exterior is done first is usually leads to cramped interior and tight spaces.