Author Topic: Blockland Aces: The Cartelian War [On Base]  (Read 65522 times)

I head back to base to refuel and rearm, after taking down another two hostile planes with a Sidewinder and my gun. The other gives chase, but doesn't last long with Tempest on their tails.

*cough*
aren't you a mod gojira
look back a page

... "How long will it be out of commission?"

"Can't say. We have everything prepped and ready for repairs, but we're waiting on some shipments overseas. Osea's put on some pretty strict wartime trade restrictions to fit in with their whole neutrality act. They're not giving us exact numbers, so all we know is that it'll take a while."

I exhale heavily as I lift yet another Sidewinder out of storage and move it out to the servicing area. The last sortie left the F-16C almost completely thrashed, and with no chance of repair in sight I was left powerless to help the situation above. Eventually I volunteered to help with maintenance.

Everywhere along the tarmac you could see groundcrew members scrambling to prepare equipment to fit incoming fighters. Just as we receive word on the radio, the crew chief yells out: "We've got one coming in, get to your places!" The clamor slowly dies down as everyone assumes their positions in anticipation.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:44:04 AM by NoZoner »

Come on in, Swat.
Read the rules carefully, however.

The Marshaller signals me to cut my engines off. "Hmph. Must not have been much of a threat." I hear through my helmets receiver. I cut the fuel to the engine and hop out, walking along the ramp with my helmet still on towards the barracks.

I land without any further incident, and taxi my plane to the hangar for repair.
I head straight for the mess hall, because I need some grub. Who cares how bad it is.

... "Haythem, you are being reassigned from the CS Falcon to the 86th Elite air wing."

"But sir, I have so many friends on this ship, and I am the star mechanic and A-G pilot on this vessel!"

"You have your orders, Lieutenant. Go pack your things and you will be moved to the air base in the morning. Yo-"

"But Captai-"

"You have your orders from high command. I want to keep you, but they need the best pilots in order to stop the invasion."

"Yes, sir."

I wake up in my bunk, bumping my head on the bunk on top of me. This is my first day here, and since I am new, I haven't been posted yet. I look at the guy reading his flight manual.

"Hey, do you know where I can get some grub?" I look at the flight manual's cover. "Ah, you have the same plane I have. I am ATG... you?"

Once the fighters have returned to base and all the heavy lifting has been taken care of, the chief waves to tell me I'm free to leave. After waving back I wipe the sweat off my brow and head back to the barracks for a shower.

Donning an almost fresh set of clothes, I walk back to my bunk when I overhear a conversation. Looking over my shoulder I spot someone trying to talk to Rafael. It was clear to me that Tosè was deeply absorbed in his reading, so I decided to chime in and spare him a little trouble.

"Turn left out the door, then make a right down the next hallway and keep going. It'll take you straight to the mess hall."

I look more closely at the person and spot his nametag. Florlick? I don't recall seeing him anywhere, nor have I heard his name.

"I take it you've recently arrived here?"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 03:28:37 AM by NoZoner »

"We having a meet and greet in here?" My Englishish accent audible. I make my way through the barrack door and lie down on my bed, fully suited up, and stare at the ceiling, trying to calm down.

I look at the man whom walked into the room. He looks at the man reading, then back at me.

"Turn left out the door, then make a right down the next hallway and keep going. It'll take you straight to the mess hall." The pilot looks at my dog tag and then says "I take you recently arrived here?"

"Oh, okay, thanks I guess..." I look across the room, focusing on a light and...

... The sky was rumbling. I was rolled out of my bed once hearing an alarm blare. Captian Har went on the com and said that Nerverak planes are flying toward the carrier ...

"Oh uh, yeah, I am new... I came from my post at the CS Falcon to here... apparently high command wants good pilots so here I am..." I look at the door after a man with an Englishish accent says "We having a meet and greet in here?" I pace around, wondering about my flashback, then I come back into the present and say, "Yeah, sure, I guess. Uh, my name is Haythem... the boys on the ship called me Mayhem..."

"I'm lieutenant colonel Clay Perchinson. I'll go by lieutenant, thank you very much. I believe we're already aquainted, lieutenant Green."

Added new OP by NoZoner (he's talented in this is he not?)

Haythem you are accepted. Will begin first mission shortly.

EDIT: Added a few minor changes to the OP.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:07:22 AM by Deoxys And One Noob »

I raise my hand. "Rafael Ochoa. Tosè if you prefer."

i can't tell if these apps are for real or just fake