Author Topic: Using console commands without being host?  (Read 1174 times)

Is there a way to do this? Like, if I needed to do something with the console, but I wasn't host but I was SA - is this even possible?

It's called EVAL but I don't know where to get it.

eval is a really big gaping hole in security to a lot of people, so i don't recommend it

if you're on RTB, see if you can go through the console on the hosting site. which, i guess, is functionally just eval with a gui, but it's a channel that's harder for people to intrude upon and thus harder for malicious types to use against you (?)

Yea, there are eval add-ons, they can be a bad idea if they are not made correctly. I have one that is just host only. You can add people if you want, but that can be a bad idea if they have any kind of silent eval to inject using the eval add-on.

Don't give anyone console access if you dont trust them it's easy

Yea, there are eval add-ons, they can be a bad idea if they are not made correctly. I have one that is just host only. You can add people if you want, but that can be a bad idea if they have any kind of silent eval to inject using the eval add-on.

The only thin you should really use veal for is if your by yourself and you are developing something, like a script.

I have an EVAL copy by infiniteloop but the only thing it allows you to do as host is type in console commands via chat.

Try using some of these-
Buildstairs();
Buildfloor();
Buildwall();
Buildconfetti();
jump();
jump(1);
crash();
quit();
But here are some useless commands you can do without bricks:
findclientbyname(NAME).player.setVelocity("# # #");
findclientbyname(NAME).player.Burnplayer("#");
findclientbyname(NAME).player.addhealth("#");
findclientbyanem(NAME).player.hideNode("Node"); Example nodes: rarm, rhand, larm, lhand, pants.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:17:54 PM by Zylenox_v »

The only thin you should really use veal for is if your by yourself and you are developing something, like a script.
Like as I said, the default of my eval add-on is host only. No, it does not check %client.isHost.

What if you're hosting a fancy dinner?

Try using some of these-
Buildstairs();
Buildfloor();
Buildwall();
Buildconfetti();
jump();
jump(1);
crash();
quit();
findclientbyanem(NAME).player.hideNode("Node"); Example nodes: rarm, rhand, larm, lhand, pants.
you forgot mousefire (1);
its good for cityrpg's

• Press the key associated with the character code for ~ on American keyboards. On most keyboards, this is always the key below escape.
  • Enter a console command and press enter.

???

"Using console commands" does not imply that you're trying to do it on the server.

Try using some of these-
Buildstairs();
Buildfloor();
Buildwall();
Buildconfetti();
jump();
jump(1);
crash();
quit();

Don't forget
Clientcmdtimescale(0.2);

First one I used was findclientbyname("Name").clanprefix=("<color:Color code>newtag");

I don't see why people stick their noses up at eval chat extensions. The absolute worst thing you could do with eval is delete someone's add-ons or overwrite their key.dat. Once Truce created 100gb of text files in my config directory. Anyway, point being, it's hardly even a security hole. If you think that someone might forget with your Blockland directory, that user most likely shouldn't have Super Admin on your server.