Author Topic: Beginner's Weapons: New Big-Ass Sniper! Taking requests and suggestions!  (Read 9295 times)

Thanks, that took some tricks to get mathematically symmetrical, but it wouldn't been an M95 without it.

As for sawn-off shotguns, if I can get the coding knowledge I need, I'll probably be making a few different double barrel shotguns, but instead of a "reload", I'll use the same methods used on a basic pump action shotgun, where the "pump action" is the quick reloading double barrels have.

Army:

Pistol- M9

Submachine Gun- MP7

Melee: Big combat knife

Civilian:

Sniper Rifle- Generic Bolt-action hunting rifle

Shotgun- Double Barrel (but only fires one shot ((Maybe slugs?)) at a time), or Hunting shotgun

Melee: Pocket Knife (Folder)

Criminal:

Submachine gun- Uzi, Mac-10/11, or TEC-9

Sniper Rifle- Dragunov

Melee: Metal Bat

Po-Po Police:

Pistol- Some kind of Glock

Sniper Rifle: Bolt action, Pistol Grip, Bipod

Submachine Gun- P90

Melee: Nightstick, Non-ranged stun-gun

Swat:

Assualt Rifle- M4 Carbine

Pistol- Sig P229

Shotgun: M1014, SPAS-12

Sniper Rifle- Semi-automatic, Pistol grip, Laser attachment, Bipod

I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment in terms of categories... There's so many ways I could handle it and I'm just not sure which to move forward with.

Tons of categories with 1 of each weapon type.
A select few categories with multiple weapons of each type.
No categories, just a bunch of weapons with the weapon type marked at the beginning of the name, such as Assault Rifle 1, Pistol 5, etc.

I really don't want to just list off all of the weapons by their real life names, because everyone does that and if you're not a gun enthusiast, it gets clunky and hard to keep track of all of the different names for things.

I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment in terms of categories... There's so many ways I could handle it and I'm just not sure which to move forward with.

Tons of categories with 1 of each weapon type.
A select few categories with multiple weapons of each type.
No categories, just a bunch of weapons with the weapon type marked at the beginning of the name, such as Assault Rifle 1, Pistol 5, etc.

I really don't want to just list off all of the weapons by their real life names, because everyone does that and if you're not a gun enthusiast, it gets clunky and hard to keep track of all of the different names for things.

I was just suggesting stuff you could base the models off of.

Well I know that, and I was already planning alot of those.

What I mean is, in terms of my whole thing I already have. I have the whole "Army, Criminal" etc. and I'm wondering if that's the best format. Ingame I know I want them all to be organized somehow by name. And when you have the regular ol' gun names floating everywhere "M16, M4, M9, M95", it can be confusing and annoying if you don't know what those are by heart.

So because the ingame wrench item list has everything alphabetical, I'll use that to organize the guns. I'm thinking I drop the whole "Category" system and go by something more broad and simple. After some thought, I'll use a even more streamlined system, where guns simply do not have name. Just a type, grade, and number. So, for example.
[AR] Mil.1
[AR] Mil.2
[AR] Civ.1

[PST] Civ.1
[PST] Civ.1+ (For dual)
[PST] Civ.1B (For alternate skin, if that ever happens)

Type: [AR] for Assault Rifle
Grade: Civ. for Civilian level
Number: 1-X for individual weapon.

This way, there can be a long organized list, with each specification giving people an idea of what the weapon will be without knowing anything about REAL guns, but people who do know them can still appreciate them. I wanted the varying categories such as "Civilian" versus "Military" because I wanted the weapons to have varying levels of power, that didn't exactly have to be balanced. So in terms of PURE gameplay, the Civilian weapons will be balanced with eachother, but significantly weaker and less effective than any Military counterparts. Further, the 4 "Grades" of weapon will all be neutral in nature. Military will refer to any form of organized top-tier fighting force, good or bad, whereas Civilian will refer to the most low-tech and usually solo personal defense types.

With all that said... As I've gotten better and better with the modeling, I've grown to dislike my older models a bit, some more than others. Ever since the M95, I always felt I could do better work than the previous stuff. So, while I work out what "Format" I want, I'll also be tweaking/redoing most of the already done weapons here, aswell as a giant batch of new ones in the works. But for now, here's a teaser of sorts!

I don't bother trying to scale the stocks properly yet because I can't get my models ingame to do so properly. Once I have that skill, everything will be adjusted
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:06:38 PM by TheShadowCross »

I don't bother trying to scale the stocks properly yet because I can't get my models ingame to do so properly. Once I have that skill, everything will be adjusted

Do you have the exporter? Define your problem, I want to help. Great model work doesn't need t ogo to waste.