BlockoBlocko's Super Murder Mystery- Shut down temporarily

Poll

Do you like the current map?

Yes.
18 (45%)
No.
22 (55%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: BlockoBlocko's Super Murder Mystery- Shut down temporarily  (Read 27687 times)

Add in games rules
People insta assume that the winner of a fight is a mafia
and that leads to rdms
causing more stress to the admins.

Also port
SERIOUSLY
if am inno picks up a stealth pistol convert it into a automatic pistol
its not fun having some handicap knock me unc and then another handicap loot me and then kill me for having it

People also "taze check" where they taze you and check your items.

not to mention people can throw stealth pistols at you and if it just bounces off you they shoot you.

For something named stealth pistol
its not really stealthy.
I never knew this would be a problem, but I will try to keep an eye on the players doing this.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 09:24:25 PM by Lurker »

Also port
SERIOUSLY
if am inno picks up a stealth pistol convert it into a automatic pistol
its not fun having some handicap knock me unc and then another handicap loot me and then kill me for having it

uhh forget no
play with less dumb people

People also "taze check" where they taze you and check your items.

ban them

not to mention people can throw stealth pistols at you and if it just bounces off you they shoot you.

that's rdm

-snip-
In game rules is the only good idea out of all that you said.

this server is just full of idiots lol, just getting close to a dead body makes everybody assume you're maf

ports super lazy and wont fix the problem
yay

2. Do NOT assume the winner of a fight you witness is a member of the mafia.
the game revolves around players' judgement, that's why there's no functions that punish players for killing other innos. if you just saw a fight you make a judgement call on the spot, not sit down for a goddamn therapy session. it also makes you a sitting duck to both mafs and actual rdmers alike because you basically can't act when witnessing a killing.
you don't know who the mafia is -- the whole point of the game is figuring it out. you don't even get any solid evidence most of the time. those fights you witness are basically all the players have to go on.

4. Do not flame/harass the other users. (Up to the admin's decision)
if players are so affected by other people on the internet calling them names that they feel the need to have them banned, that's a problem they need to resolve on their own; however repeated harassment can potentially be seen as spam. it depends on the context though, like if a player's being a douche just for the sake of being a douche it's more acceptable for an admin to take action. a lot of the time it's just because the players are mad at the game. you can't really help it. problem is there's a gigantic gray area between the two.

5. Do not try to crash the server. (Will result in a permanent ban)
how and why would players even manage to crash the server? i mean that's a fine rule, but people aren't going to ddos your goddamn server because some guy shot them. you don't even need to list it, it's one of those unspoken rules any competent admin would follow regardless.

7. Do not complain about the server. (Usually a kick or 5 minute ban)
i don't like the fact that you have a bad opinion about my server so i'm going to ban you
might does not make right. if you have a problem about someone complaining about your server, that's fine, but you don't ban for it, unless they're basically spamming. when you host a server you have to expect criticism, regardless of whether it's actually constructive or not.

9. Do not make an innocent player unconscious multiple times if you are innocent. (30 minute ban)
some players don't always know if the player they're attempting to kill is actually dead, unless they're experienced or are obsessive double-tappers. in the case of this, they see the guy they just had to knock out and they can get panicked, and unconc them again simply as a knee-jerk reaction.
in the case of doing it purposefully it's classified as rdming.

10. Do not go AFK. (Will be kicked from the server)
afk kicker will do that for you. you can modify it as well if it doesn't operate to your liking

11. Do not ask for the weapons. We will never release them. (5 minute ban)
you don't need to ban for this unless the player that asks is spamming. if i wanted to get the clushido pack i'd just ask bushi for it. having this rule also makes it more likely some starfish who does have the pack will release it to the public to spite you. like the recent furdle drama, only in reverse.

12. Do not accuse others of RDMing falsely. (2 hours ban)
players don't know whether or not rdm is actually happening. you say this like you expect players to know exactly who is and isn't mafia. if someone turns out to be wrong about accusing someone else of rdm, so be it, they made a poor judgement call. it's nothing to ban people over unless they're purposefully trying to get other people banned for no reason (which is rarely the case -- you can usually tell after a few rounds when a player is doing this).

13. Killing an unconcious player who was not on the other team. (2 hours ban)
i may sometimes double-tap an unconc player i come across because i'm unsure about whether or not it's safe to be around when they get back up. i assume this is how most players think when they do the same, except they might be more paranoid. again, the game is about the players' judgement. how the round plays out is determined by their personal decisions.

14. Do not attempt to escape the map or throw people out of the map. (3 hours ban)
this is a fine rule, but you don't need to ban people for getting out of the map. just teleport them back in when they do it. in the case of bodies being thrown out you can't really do anything to prevent it, so you make the call here.

15. Do not kill an admin who is outside of mini game.
this one is especially silly. i'll admit, i've been banned for breaking this rule several times. the problem is the admins are jetting around very close to the players inside the minigame, knowing full well they can be shot at any time, then they get upset when they do. you can easily fix the problem by making it so that it can't happen in the first place -- namely, using adminorb instead of jetting. if you can avoid getting yourself into a problem and you consistently don't, you're doing something wrong.
you can say a player who breaks this rule is doing the same thing, but it's basically layers of problem users over problem users. the admins intentionally putting themselves in harm's way allows the players to break rules they shouldn't even be physically able to.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 06:07:34 PM by PowerDag »

The server is in need of a major overhaul... Mainly the rules.

to your last point -
yeah but admins still find it annoying when theyre trying to administrate (me, atleast) and getting shot at.
i had to deal with an rdm, and i couldnt ban the person until i knew who they were so i had to go into the map and click them to find out the minigame name so i could convert it to their actual name, then ban them, but i was continually shot at by players, i carry a gun with me that hurts them for this very reason
but this is just me, i try and stay out of the way otherwise

that does make sense, but you're basically signing up to get shot when you do it. i'll talk to port or bushi about putting some minigame checks on the weapons -- that should solve it.

Yeah, the rules are pretty crappy. I can usually pinpoint a mafia pretty well, but I'm too afraid I'll be banned for RDM. And then, when I'm trying to do something else, I'll get shot by the guy I thought was a mafia.

ports super lazy and wont fix the problem
yay

what problem

i may sometimes double-tap an unconc player i come across because i'm unsure about whether or not it's safe to be around when
there is a difference between double tapping someone and beating them to death with a pan when they're defenseless

this one is especially silly. i'll admit, i've been banned for breaking this rule several times. the problem is the admins are jetting around very close to the players inside the minigame, knowing full well they can be shot at any time, then they get upset when they do. you can easily fix the problem by making it so that it can't happen in the first place -- namely, using adminorb instead of jetting. if you can avoid getting yourself into a problem and you consistently don't, you're doing something wrong.
you can say a player who breaks this rule is doing the same thing, but it's basically layers of problem users over problem users. the admins intentionally putting themselves in harm's way allows the players to break rules they shouldn't even be physically able to.
You can't fetch people from outside the map when you're F8ing and you can't check player names when you're F8ing. I mostly jet high above to obtain a birds eye perspective and dive in when someone kills another person so I can get the names.

i don't like the fact that you have a bad opinion about my server so i'm going to ban you
might does not make right. if you have a problem about someone complaining about your server, that's fine, but you don't ban for it, unless they're basically spamming. when you host a server you have to expect criticism, regardless of whether it's actually constructive or not.
oh my god this