use of ad.fly for addons

Author Topic: use of ad.fly for addons  (Read 6953 times)

people who use ad fly for addons are greedy douchebags
this is an starfish thing to say. it's just 5 seconds out of your day to download something that could have taken them much longer.

it's not even like they're asking you to pay for an add-on. it's 5 loving seconds. for a free addon. could you get more entitled?

this is an starfish thing to say. it's just 5 seconds out of your day to download something that could have taken them much longer.

it's not even like they're asking you to pay for an add-on. it's 5 loving seconds. for a free addon. could you get more entitled?
Yes? How about 5 seconds of an ad ingested free page to download from.

Yes? How about 5 seconds of an ad ingested free page to download from.
You know exactly which button is the right one and you have to be an idiot to click the wrong one. Otherwise, it doesn't affect you. If you have some bizarre disorder that makes you have a seizure when you see an advertisement, close your eyes for 5 seconds.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:18:41 PM by TristanLuigi »

You know why I ask for donations for Slayer? Because I've spent almost 3 years on it. I'd have no problem dealing with some ads if it gave the creator a little pocket-change, and I can see where people are coming from when they do that.

shameless promotion  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:20:28 PM by Greek2me »

In my opinion, people who use ad.fly are douchebags. Just seems like a stuffty thing to do. But that's just me.
This.
Get a job or something, I'm not dealing with a terribly broken website that attempts to send me to a download so you can get the tiniest fraction of a penny.

What would be the calculation to find out how many views you need for a single penny?

OT: I don't mind the page, just annoying.

What would be the calculation to find out how many views you need for a single penny?

OT: I don't mind the page, just annoying.

If it's $5, or 500 pennies, for every 10000 views, then to find the number of views per penny we would divide 10000 by 500. Your answer would be 20 views per cent.

I wouldn't personally use ad.fly, but I wouldn't mind if people used it at all.

Making add-ons is work. Downloading it isn't. Stop complaining about 5 seconds, the button is always in the far top right, it's ad.fly, don't act like you haven't been there.

Making add-ons is work. Downloading it isn't. Stop complaining about 5 seconds, the button is always in the far top right, it's ad.fly, don't act like you haven't been there.
This

it would be useless though, every click would be 0.05 of a penny.

let's look at this weeks top RTB downloads:
1. Custom Vehicle Support by MARBLE MAN
      480 downloads last week, 397 from in-game
if this amount of downloads occurred per week, marble man would get 24 cents per week. that is so low it's sad. now let's look at how many downloads that add-on has total:
2,988 downloads during it's 3 months of existence. let's round that up to 3,000 for simplicity. $1.50. every 3 months.

no. using ad.fly is a bad idea. it will just annoy users.

Nobody should be expecting money or payment for making Blockland add-ons - it's a service to the community. Take satisfaction out of the fact people are using and enjoying your thing and then go mow some lawns.

I'll be removing ad.fly stuff if people start using it - it's a cheap way of trying to monetize someone else's userbase.

so it's settled. should this be locked?

guys. you get $4 minimum per every 1000 visitors
look at this (image because ad.fly links count as referral links. even just their information pages)

if you don't know what "interstitial" means:
"On the World Wide Web, interstitials are web pages displayed before or after an expected content page, often to display advertisements or confirm the user's age"

I skip Youtube videos that have ads on them.
I will do the same for Blockland Addons.

It's not even the ad the bothers me, its the fact that the owner of the content feels it necessary to tag some kind of "money making" vice to it saying "My stuff is worth money! Pay me with your views!"

forget those people.

guys. you get $4 minimum per every 1000 visitors
look at this (image because ad.fly links count as referral links. even just their information pages)

if you don't know what "interstitial" means:
"On the World Wide Web, interstitials are web pages displayed before or after an expected content page, often to display advertisements or confirm the user's age"

still quite low if you want to make a good income out of this. just go work minimum wage and you would earn a lot more within an hour then what you would earn within a week or two making an add-on.