Author Topic: use of ad.fly for addons  (Read 6952 times)

still quite low if you want to make a good income out of this. just go work minimum wage and you would earn a lot more within an hour then what you would earn within a week or two making an add-on.
that's work tho. if I could get paid for sitting in my room and making guns for a bunch of little kids, of course I'd take advantage of it. you're lying if you say otherwise
even such a low amount. yeah, it's ridiculous someplace like here, but if you make a popular minecraft mod? it's an easy way to get paid for helping people enjoy themselves, so why not?

go for it bro

doubt youll make any money off of it though

go for it bro
I'll be removing ad.fly stuff if people start using it - it's a cheap way of trying to monetize someone else's userbase.

that's work tho. if I could get paid for sitting in my room and making guns for a bunch of little kids, of course I'd take advantage of it. you're lying if you say otherwise even such a low amount. yeah, it's ridiculous someplace like here, but if you make a popular minecraft mod? it's an easy way to get paid for helping people enjoy themselves, so why not?
I'll be sure to direct you to the thousands of survey sites that will give you slivers of pennies for your time if you'd really be that desperate for change.

I'll be sure to direct you to the thousands of survey sites that will give you slivers of pennies for your time if you'd really be that desperate for change.
it's not desperation. it's making some people wait five seconds to download a mod you made. five seconds. and they get two and a half cents. you might say "oh well that's not a lot," but it is enough, as long as not everyone thinks the same way you do
I agree with ephialtes that it isn't really appropriate for addons or mods for video games, but if you're providing a legitimate service to people for free, there's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to make some money from people giving up five seconds of their time

...And then if someone suggests using AdBlock for the ad-clogged Youtube everyone is like "fuk u guise those poor youtubers need to make money somehow!!! stop using adblock!!!"
I am amazed by the ration of this community sometimes.

lol i just use adblock
forget people who try to make money off ads

lol i just use adblock
Actually I think the unique visitor staying 5 seconds is all it counts. You can have adblock and still give them money actually. Perhaps.
It's per visitor, not per click.

But yeah I also use adblock because forget ads.
Though.., I hope you don't mean Badspot included, I mean, there is an ad on every topic if you are not logged in.

I'll be removing ad.fly stuff if people start using it - it's a cheap way of trying to monetize someone else's userbase.
How about if a user put up two download links, one direct, the other clearly stating that its ad.fly and its there as a way of accepting donations, both of them being equally visible, no trickery or anything?

My computer goes really slow for like five minutes after being on an ad.fly page.

How about if a user put up two download links, one direct, the other clearly stating that its ad.fly and its there as a way of accepting donations, both of them being equally visible, no trickery or anything?

No, just no ad.fly at all.

There is no way in hell that someone would get 10k downloads on Blockland. And even if they did its only 5$.
If you really crave to make money that much then you should just put a donate button on your thread or something.

lol i just use adblock
Badspot is doing it right now lol.

Badspot is doing it right now lol.
it makes sense since they only appear for unregietered and banned users