Author Topic: Do you think the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi will go wrong?  (Read 1979 times)

For the past few months, Islamic Russian Chechen groups have been threatening to do something during this event. And they aren't bluffing either, considering 2 Self Delete attacks happened in a city only a few hundred miles away from Sochi on December 29th and 30th. 30+ people were killed in these attacks. Shockingly, the two Self Delete bombers were both Chechen.

Vladimir Putin (Russia's P.M) has said that there will be heavy security. Putin also assured the public that things wouldn't go wrong. A big amount of people are scared because of how close these attacks are to the Winter Olympics this year. Chechen rebel groups in Russia are stronger than ever.  

Quite frankly, I'm excited to watch the Olympics and see how it rolls out. Hopefully, things don't turn sour though.

If you bought tickets to attend these Olympics, would you still attend? I wouldn't because of fear.

i don't think any forumers would buy tickets to see the olympics lol

security at the olympics in london was crazy already and nothing was even going on recently. so I bet it will be fine

security at the olympics in london was crazy already and nothing was even going on recently. so I bet it will be fine
except england doesn't have a large terrorist group based inside the country.

except england doesn't have a large terrorist group based inside the country.
england also doesn't have the russian military

i think it'll finally draw worldwide attention to the chechen scum problem in russia, esp. after the boston marathon bombings in early 2013 too

I'm pretty sure that on such an important international event the Russian government won't take any risks with security.

Also, forget Chechens. Why can't they Self Delete bomb eachother?

england also doesn't have the russian military
Because the Russian military is magically more superior than any other due to the word 'Russian' in the name.
Infact I'd bet my money on the British military being far better trained and equipped that that of Russian military.

Then again, what do I know, so don't go around stuffting on me. That is just my personal opinion.

Lets not turn this into which military has the biggest richard now.

Because the Russian military is magically more superior than any other due to the word 'Russian' in the name.
Infact I'd bet my money on the British military being far better trained and equipped that that of Russian military.
Then again, what do I know, so don't go around stuffting on me. That is just my personal opinion.
it's bigger. that's all that really matters. and idk much about the history of russia but from what I do know I doubt they'd be unwilling to put their military in charge of the security of the olympics

Also, forget Chechens. Why can't they Self Delete bomb eachother?
probs cause that's not the point...

Lets not turn this into which military has the biggest richard now.
america would obviously win

british people have funny accents so britain would emerge victorious

im sure all 5 people watching the winter olympics will be devestated