Author Topic: Why do many users refer to the time v8-9 as the "Golden Age" of Blockland?  (Read 3561 times)

I don't know about you guys, but v11 was pretty sweet.

I don't know about you guys, but v11 was pretty sweet.
I joined late v11.  It was fun.  v14 and v15 were also a bit refreshing, but it wasn't nearly as fun as when I joined.  I think the reason why v15 was more fun (for me at least) is because of the release of the default v15 brickpack.  It allowed for much more innovation.

Though I do wish I was present at v8+

It was 6 years ago.

What a concidence, Roblox's golden age was also 6 years ago.

What a huge old bump

What a coincidence, this thread has been dead for 24 days until you decided to bump it.

because the community wasn't bad (please dont ban me)

They're hipsters! That's all.

because I joined
squideey you've been one of my blockland role models ever since v8 because of your youtube videos

but uh, i dunno, it was just entirely different back then. people actually respected server admins because it was kind of rare to see a stuffty admin back then. everyone was just generally nicer to eachother--nowadays a lot of admins are stuffty and nobody respects those stuffty admins (for good reason). the forum community also became a lot more hostile towards one another. with the removal of maps, games in blockland just felt... different, i suppose. i don't really want to say it feels even less like a sandbox game now, but it certainly took a lot of the creativity out of certain servers. slope skiing, fort wars on that sweet valley map that i long since forgot the name of, giant TDMs hosted over large expanses of terrain, red vs blue on the spyglass map, communist government RPs on GSF Paradise... creating maps out of bricks is time-consuming and replicating those landscapes makes the brick count skyrocket, lagging people out.

HOWEVER

with the addition of shaders and environment settings, players are able to create very friendly environments. i know that brickitect can make some sweet settings that compliment his arizona-styled houses amazingly. blockland just has almost a completely different feel today and it's hard to replicate the gaming environment blockland had back in the earlier versions.

so, i dunno. a lot of people like the nostalgia associated with the game in the olden days. i know i do

squideey you've been one of my blockland role models ever since v8

you strive to be a egotistical schmuck?

I do wish I could return to the v10 days. There were fewer garbage servers and they were more diverse. We also didn't have as many of the notorious users who devoted their teenage life to trolling a building game.

because I joined

This isn't actually too far off. Squideey was always popular, even back then.

communist government RPs on GSF Paradise...
I remember some of these, but I picked up the vibe that they were better before I joined.