Author Topic: Are Blockland vehicles 4 wheel drive?  (Read 1129 times)

It seems like it. If they are, could they be changed from that? I would like to make some cars without it, I imagine handling could change a little.

Vehicles are 4 wheel drive by default. You can, however, change that within the script, by doing this:

Code: [Select]
function GrottiniVehicle::onAdd(%this,%obj)
{
parent::onadd(%this,%obj);
%obj.setWheelTire(0, GrottiniFrontTire);
%obj.setWheelTire(1, GrottiniFrontTire);
%obj.setWheelTire(2, GrottiniTire);
%obj.setWheelTire(3, GrottiniTire);

%obj.setWheelSpring(0, Grottinispring);
%obj.setWheelSpring(1, Grottinispring);
%obj.setWheelSpring(2, Grottinispring);
%obj.setWheelSpring(3, Grottinispring);

%obj.setWheelPowered(0, false );
%obj.setWheelPowered(1, false );
%obj.setWheelPowered(2, true );
%obj.setWheelPowered(3, true );

%obj.setWheelSteering(0,1);
%obj.setWheelSteering(1,1);
%obj.setWheelSteering(2,0);
%obj.setWheelSteering(3,0);

%obj.mountable = true;

}

I've been experimenting with 2WD vehicles for a while, and here are my conclusions:

If you make a car rear wheel drive, turning gets really stiff.  Really, really stiff, especially when going backwards. However, with a little modification to the wheel datablocks, you can make a very fun, very slippery car.

If you make a car FWD, steering gets even stiffer when going forward. I haven't put too much research time into FWD cars, though, but I'm sure it could be helped a little by adjusting the wheel datablocks.

i think i might play with this a little.

i figured they were 4wd by default, thanks for clearing this up barn

I've been experimenting with 2WD vehicles for a while, and here are my conclusions:

If you make a car rear wheel drive, turning gets really stiff.  Really, really stiff, especially when going backwards. However, with a little modification to the wheel datablocks, you can make a very fun, very slippery car.

If you make a car FWD, steering gets even stiffer when going forward. I haven't put too much research time into FWD cars, though, but I'm sure it could be helped a little by adjusting the wheel datablocks.

I've had some fun using vehicles with 4 wheel steering by setting the back wheels to -1. Kinda weird since they turn so sharply. Need to try it on a speedkart track.