Author Topic: Terrain Generator (Server sided)  (Read 798 times)

What this is, a server-sided terrain generator that would generate terrain given the selected biome; which the host selects. If any player is able to see past the end of the terrain, then it would generate more terrain to fill that in. The bricks it would use would have to be the mod-ter bricks.

TL;DR, server terrain generator that uses mod-ter bricks.

The Procedural Terrain Generated (linked above) supports up to 6 biomes and does support 4x ModTer bricks. It doesn't feature infinite terrain generation just yet, however.

The Procedural Terrain Generated (linked above) supports up to 6 biomes and does support 4x ModTer bricks. It doesn't feature infinite terrain generation just yet, however.
I assume because of that "yet" it may come in an update?

I am planning on including it in the next update, I even got it working to some extent (for one player at least) in which it would build and remove terrain around you. It all depends on how efficient I can make it while using the game's brick-system, especially with multiple players.

I doubt it would be in any way efficient when you're using 4xs.

It's going to support various brick sizes - the screenshots on my Item Storage topic used 16x cubes. Although, I meant efficient in terms of getting chunks to load quickly around players, while preventing lag while loading them.

I support this, great idea! It's very practical.