Author Topic: text2Speech - Hairy Ballsack Edition  (Read 2822 times)

Step 1. Download here
Step 2. Download Python 2.7.6 here.
Step 3. Download PyTTSx here and Download win32api here.
Step 6. Open local.py (if it shuts down instantly, post the error (can be achieved by executing it in console) and I'll instruct you how to fix it)
Step 7. Open Blockland
Step 8. Type connectTTS();

Notes:

- If you close, you have to go back to Step 6. but don't need to restart BL
- To close, type into console textSpeechTCP.disconnect(); and the server will instantly shut down.
- At the top of client.cs you can add $TTSMute["Player Name"] = 1; to mute people. You can do that in console too as a temporary solution but restarting it wont save.
- If you want to make changes, feel free to, and please post them. If they aren't stupid I'll add them to the actual code and make any fixes necessary. I'll also add more features as time goes on.

does it sound like moonbase alpha

does it sound like moonbase alpha
idk what that sounds like but probably.

Could you make a video example of what this does?

Could you make a video example of what this does?
oh i'll try.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:00:28 PM by rlcbm »

Doesn't sound like moonbase alpha, doesn't even aeiou.

where is local.py
it is in client_text2Speech.zip
you have to extract it.

Oh man.  If someone can extract the T2S from Moonbase Alpha that'd be golden.

So I discovered that this goes by your operating system's TTS voice.

But Windows 7 is stuff and only has this dying cow Anna voice.
And even doing that regedit stuff to get the server speech voices in doesn't work because the pyTTS script throws an error.

Stuck with dying cow Anna voice 4ever :(

Edit: But hey at least I don't have to use chatsounds anymore. Now I don't even have to switch back to Blockland to see what people said.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:49:01 PM by Chrono »

Hah, this is pretty clever. There are a few things that could be changed though:
  • Implement a muting system that blocks users by their BLID. All I'd have to do to work around the current system is change my name. Also, why is Kalphiter muted by default?
  • Export the mute variables to a file. no one should have to edit the script just to adjust their mute list or tap them in via console each instance of Blockland.
  • Consider making it more user friendly. Maybe a GUI for muting / unmuting, stopping / starting the script?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:35:30 PM by Zelothix »

As well as adding a period to the end of a message that contains no punctuation at the end. This way it wont speak two people's messages as if they were one sentence. I'll admit, it was funny a few times, but it can get confusing sometimes.