my MoBo fried

Author Topic: my MoBo fried  (Read 841 times)

haven't had use of my computer for a few weeks, been meaning to get to microcenter though. mobile serves me well enough though. doubt anyone was curious, but posting anyways.

I thought the title said "My friend died" so i think ill be going to bed now.

sorry to hear about the motherboard though hope you get a new one soon

Did you check to see if any of your components were damaged?

i often get op confused with jairo

Did you check to see if any of your components were damaged?
would've by now, but the cpu fan is some monster that a friend got and installed, and I've got forget all idea of how to remove it. there's minimal documentation on it online.

would've by now, but the cpu fan is some monster that a friend got and installed, and I've got forget all idea of how to remove it. there's minimal documentation on it online.
1. Remove backplate screws
2. Remove front screws
3. Take off heatsink from seating
4. Remove backplate

1. Remove backplate screws
2. Remove front screws
3. Take off heatsink from seating
4. Remove backplate

1 2 are ineligible given it has neither.

If someone physically installed the heatsink onto your motherboard, it is impossible for it to not have a backplate or some other piece of metal that seats it onto the motherboard.

is it a press fit design?

this actually happened to me, but in the weirdest way.

my PS1 shorted and it was hooked up to my PC for audio purposes, but it made my PC suspend and it blinked an orange LED. the audio was forgeted and the PSU was semi-forgeted.

i ended up getting a soundcard and a new PSU for it. i still use that same soundcard in my new PC cause it kicks ass.

i also bricked my new mobo with secureboot. i rma'd it and everything but turns out all i had to do was hold down the power button and bam the BIOS restored.

motherboards are strange.

i also bricked my new mobo with secureboot. i rma'd it and everything but turns out all i had to do was hold down the power button and bam the BIOS restored.

motherboards are strange.
Don't you use a jumper for that

If someone physically installed the heatsink onto your motherboard, it is impossible for it to not have a backplate or some other piece of metal that seats it onto the motherboard.

there are heatsinks that just pop in without a backplate

the main culprit being this feg
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:18:23 PM by Blockzillahead »