Author Topic: How to capture video from arcade machines?  (Read 723 times)

I've seen many, and I mean many people do this on regular arcade machines. Not MAME, just an arcade machine.

Here's example 1, and example 2.

The audio quality's great, and the video quality's fine. I'm just wondering: how do they do this? What software or card do they use to do this?

I'd love to know, so please help me.

ummm it might be an emulator..

I already said that's not MAME, and besides, those games can't be run on MAME.

the second video link has footage of the GUY HITTING THE BUTTONS AT THE ARCADE SYSTEM so I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
unless he really did go through the trouble of buying an arcade controller thingiemahoozit

DDR can be run on Mame actually.

Its called make your own arcade machine, you can wire a gfx capture card into it.

the second video link has footage of the GUY HITTING THE BUTTONS AT THE ARCADE SYSTEM so I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
unless he really did go through the trouble of buying an arcade controller thingiemahoozit

because that is 2 different videos lol.
he just spliced it on bottom half

DDR can be run on Mame actually.

sorry for the bump, but I think that's only the old ones (3rd Mix, Original, etc.)
that one's either X3 vs. 2nd Mix or just DDR 2013.

i can't tell if you're saying he stole it from another video, or if he recorded his hands while playing

i can't tell if you're saying he stole it from another video, or if he recorded his hands while playing

its 2 recordings made with a seperate cam. he just shows both at once on the youtube.
the one with his hands is the camera, and the video of the game is some kinda capture setup hes using in video.

yes i know the point is he is at an arcade and not emulating it
as far as i know ;-;

For the inside, legitimate arcade machines use VGA. Most bootlegged ones can use either Composite or VGA.