Author Topic: Souls Series (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls II) Megathread  (Read 11109 times)

so i got 200k souls somehow out of the bell tower from some invader
life has never been better

Since I haven't seen anything here posted about it, there was a bit of a debate a week or so ago on what the PVP SL cap would be, either SL120 or SL150. It was decided that SL150 would be best for PVP as it gives you plenty of viable builds without a "best" build emerging.

The Bandit is the best starting class if you want to build a melee character as you start with the absolute lowest attunement and intelligence, which are rarely needed for melee builds.

The Old Mundane Stone can be infused with a weapon to make a mundane weapon. This means that the weapon gets ridiculous scaling off of your lowest stat. It works by taking your weapon's base damage, halving it, then adding the mundane scaling. Mundane scaling gives you 80 damage when your lowest stat is 5, increasing by +6 each level up to 20, then +3 up to 30. In a practical PVP sense, you can get SL150 with 22 across the board giving you +176 damage to your mundane weapon. Depending on what weapon you use, this can be a huge improvement to damage. Mundane builds seem to be pretty decent as they give you a lot of versatility without sacrificing too much damage. They also seem to work very well with some hex related things.

I haven't played as much as other people (or even beat NG), but I have done quite a bit of PVP and tend to win more often than I lose, so I want to share some tips. While builds can definitely give you an advantage, playerskill Annoying Oranges numbers. As Dark Souls players, I thought we'd all know this by now (seeing how many bosses seem to 1-shot us a frustratingly large amount of times), but many people seem to ignore that, so use that to your advantage. Stamina usage is key, NEVER USE ALL YOUR STAMINA. There are so many times where I threw away my advantage because I used my last bit of stamina to swing and miss, leaving me open to a counterattack. Keeping that bit of stamina up gives you that option to roll which so often saves us from certain death. Also, try and stay below 70% weight, fat rolling gets you killed.

Since I haven't seen anything here posted about it, there was a bit of a debate a week or so ago on what the PVP SL cap would be, either SL120 or SL150. It was decided that SL150 would be best for PVP as it gives you plenty of viable builds without a "best" build emerging.
SL150 is good for PVP until you take soul memory into account. Your SM will continue to increase while your level won't, so while you'll be at SL150, you could get to a point where you're fighting people that are at SL300.
The only counter to this is to enter NG+, which is, in my opinion, what FromSoft intended everyone who plans to PVP to do. If you enter NG+, your soul memory has little to no effect on who you can summon and who you can invade, thus making it so the only thing limiting your online play will be your SL.

how the hell do you beat dsouls2 gargoyles no one puts their summon signs down and everyone invades you and there's a lot of them it's too hard :'(

how the hell do you beat dsouls2 gargoyles no one puts their summon signs down and everyone invades you and there's a lot of them it's too hard :'(
What platform bro?

its a lot easier for a ranged character
just like most of the game
dont work on more than one at a time
dont touch inactive gargoyles

GUYS HOLY stuff IT'S COMING OUT IN

TWO loving DAYS

PRE-LOAD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

PC version has been released!
Praise the sun!

okay this is bullstuff.

it has downloaded this last .2 gb like 3 times.

and it's NOT DOWNLOADING THIS TIME AARGHGHHHHGHH

do you see thiS loving BULLstuff
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:48:56 PM by OrkusBorkus »

okay this is bullstuff.

it has downloaded this last .2 gb like 3 times.

and it's NOT DOWNLOADING THIS TIME AARGHGHHHHGHH

do you see thiS loving BULLstuff

Its unpacking it, so you are going to have to wait until it unpacks then downloads

Well I accidentally beat the game about a week ago. Seriously. I just stumbled across the final boss, had no idea who she was, and then won. I guess I kind of rushed the ending a bit, so I missed out on the story.

I accidentally bought dark souls 2 while daydreaming.

Confirmation screens are too easy.

I only rung the first bell in dark souls 1, and I only beat the first boss in demons souls, I really should've paid more attention to those.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:15:20 AM by tails »

SL150 is good for PVP until you take soul memory into account. Your SM will continue to increase while your level won't, so while you'll be at SL150, you could get to a point where you're fighting people that are at SL300.
The only counter to this is to enter NG+, which is, in my opinion, what FromSoft intended everyone who plans to PVP to do. If you enter NG+, your soul memory has little to no effect on who you can summon and who you can invade, thus making it so the only thing limiting your online play will be your SL.

Just to add to this as a lot of information has been uncovered and updated since both our posts. PVP in both NG and NG+ is decided entirely by a player's Soul Memory, not Soul Level. The only difference between playing PVP in NG and NG+ is that NG only gets matched with other NG players. NG+ can be matched with NG+ and up. Also, use this calculator to figure out the kind of players you'll get paired up with.

Well I accidentally beat the game about a week ago. Seriously. I just stumbled across the final boss, had no idea who she was, and then won. I guess I kind of rushed the ending a bit, so I missed out on the story.

The story is pretty subtle and not too complex. Also, you might have missed some of the optional bosses.