Author Topic: Bones' guitar damage and restoration  (Read 4828 times)

If you send me a full front shot of the guitar I can do vector or edit of it so you can get a good sense of how it would look in the end (for any and all of your options).

If you send me a full front shot of the guitar I can do vector or edit of it so you can get a good sense of how it would look in the end (for any and all of your options).
Full Frontal

I don't have it on me. It's at the luthier. :/

Here's a generic body shot

pickups (they'll have the standard black pieces around them

tonepros system

pickguard

knobs

and of course the switch (plate)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:48:19 PM by Bones4 »

So how hard was the removal? Do you think you could have removed paint from the back of the headstock without damaging the front? I might plan on doing this to an Epi because I think that yellow paint job was absolutely lovey.

My only problem is finding a bound Les Paul without a flamed top.

The face of the headstock isn't paint. It's a plastic that meets the paint at the edge. The removal wasn't bad. This was a nitrocellulose finish and It came off rather easily with a heat gun and a scraper.

I'm giving the guitar to the luthier monday, but the pickups came in. It's starting to look like I'd hoped.

Woah that shipped fast. Hope you enjoy 'em.

Still gotta wait a week or two. Finish and lots of wiring D:

More hardware came in. I've also started wiring the harness

[img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z265/Bon3s4/1465373_393727507431374_1929178028_n_zps18b563fe.jpg[img]

Damn actually, have you considered doing like a transparent white finish? The black/white contrast actually look really nice, and it would still show the wood underneath.

Strung it up temporarily to see if the electronics worked. There's a grounding issued. Anyway, there's still no finish, but here's basically how it will look:

And yeah...  jimmy page wiring isn't simple. :/

I would seriously not put any tension on that neck while it is unfinished. You run a big risk of warping the neck really badly.

Also that fingerboard looks like it could use some oil.