Author Topic: Bones' guitar damage and restoration  (Read 4827 times)

I want to start renovating my own guitar now :u

I was thinking the same thing and then I was like "maybe I should learn to play it first" lul

I would seriously not put any tension on that neck while it is unfinished. You run a big risk of warping the neck really badly.

Also that fingerboard looks like it could use some oil.

my thoughts exactly

It was only for like 10 min until I realized I needed to rewire. And you can't even see the fretboard enough in the pics to know its dry.

It was only for like 10 min until I realized I needed to rewire. And you can't even see the fretboard enough in the pics to know its dry.
More hardware came in. I've also started wiring the harness

Maybe it's the lighting but the board looks very dry in this pic.

It was oiled a week ago. It's just old and worn

Maybe it's the lighting but the board looks very dry in this pic.

Considering the body looks completely white washed, its safe to assume it's the picture.

Ignore how stuffty this 20 second job was. Meeting the luthier tomorrow morning. Gonna get an oil finish. Which looks better?

The Walnut-y finish does look better.

The dark one has a nicer contrast with the hardware.

The luthier has it now. I'm getting it a LITTLE darker than the right. He's also going to do faux binding using the maple cap.

This might just be me, but I've always thought that the scratchplate on les paul styled guitars seems odd.

It's just you. Your opinion is wrong.

This might just be me, but I've always thought that the scratchplate on les paul styled guitars seems odd.

why, because it's flat while the body is curved?

...that's kind of the reason it looks nice.

I never understood the necessity of a pickguard. I don't ever strum down onto the damn guitar lol.