FBI Warning on Tumblr - joke or real?

Author Topic: FBI Warning on Tumblr - joke or real?  (Read 2419 times)

Lately I've been seeing a lot of FBI virus warnings (or just regular viruses) on Tumblr from random users.

Some could be about reblogs or messages, some could be about specific users with specific pictures.

Now, I know when there's a real virus, and it seems like a obvious joke, but some of those actually seem legitimate.

I know some of you may have seen my tumblr post (but who follows me I don't care), so let me know about this, because I don't want to seem like a idiot on the internet again and look like a fool.

if the fbi wanted your ass you'd already be in guantanamo

i think the reason why its harder to tell if its a virus or a real FBI message is because you nearly never see real FBI messages so you dont really know what they look like. and second is that it strikes a lot of fear into you so its a little harder to think straight when evaluating it

Yes, it's an actual virus that traps your browser down, from what I've heard. The FBI warning isn't actually real.

it's real to some extent i'm pretty sure, although i think it's not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be
apparently what happens is it'll open a tab which you can't close but if you click to close the tab and then press enter it closes it (and then scan for viruses to be safe)
at least that's what i've heard idk. i'm not really that concerned, especially considering i have a mac

to everyone else: i don't think the op is asking if it's really the FBI, they're asking if there's really a virus... it's obviously not actually a FBI thing

The FBI wont send your computer messages, they will just bust down your front door.

it just doesnt let you leave the tab

force close your browser and its gone lol

It's a virus that pretends it's the FBI.

i used to have a website with a completely normal name (i dont remember it, it was a few years ago), and when you visited it, it just showed an FBI warning saying that this website had been shut down for some crime and all visiting IPs logged

after 20 seconds or so it said it was a joke. it was really funny to send to people and see their reactions.

anyway the FBI would not post a warning on tumblr lol. i think it's a real virus though.

i was browsing research and one of those locked my browser

so i task managered it

I'm not talking about the virus ITSELF, just so you know.

I'm talking about the POSTS people are doing.

Like I said, the pictures and other possibly fake signal boosting people are doing.

Wow, I didn't think someone this stupid actually existed.

why are you on tumblr in the first place

"child researchs has been found on your computer"
lol