Do you agree?

Yes
4 (6.1%)
Kind of
4 (6.1%)
No
58 (87.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: The great mistake  (Read 1437 times)

"If you think the community is better being smaller then you should kill yourself, therefore making the community smaller and better"

so uh...will Steam users ever get to post their opinions on these forums?

While putting Blockland on steam has given the game an increased rate of indulgence, I believe it was a mistake.
This is complete and total bullstuff. Read all about it.

The slow community grow made Blockland Unique, and gave the game a better feel.
Unique from what? The other small-time games  that, albeit good, have small communities possibly littered with all kinds of people?

I could join a freebuild server without seeing red vehicle plates covering the ground;
Actually you couldn't. Every single time I joined a freebuild server not hosted by someone that had actual rules in place, it was littered with spam and red vehicle plates. Besides, one of the first things I did as a new player was go straight for the red vehicle plates. It was actually one of the major selling points of the game for me, since it provided not only a building game but a game where you could function as a driver or any number of roles.

and join a TDM without being spawn killed instantly by some degenerate fool looking for a bit of fun to fill his bland life,
Spawnkilling was not brought in by Steam being put on Blockland. It was brought on by poor server hosting.

So many kids are subjected to modern technology and their brains are damaged,
Yet you're ranting about immature thirteen year-olds on a message board for an online game. Also, your name is SmeggHead69, not to mention your profile is covered in stuff immature 13 year olds enjoy loving.

they spread their disease all over the internet, Blockland felt like a safe-haven from all that,
But it's not. Fun fact: a majority of the people on Blockland in-game do not have forum accounts and they tend to avoid the forum. Another fun fact: many of the people here are infected with the same disease you're referring to.

yet now it feels like just another cesspit of small minded autistic children.
I don't see how steam brought this on. Small minded autistic children float to other games where there is no initial difficulty and you actually have to apply yourself to use different brick types.

Not something I want to come home from work, or school to see.
I really doubt you have a job, considering who you are. I don't think any business would accept a pea-brained ass hat without that same ass hat putting on his good mask and showing off.

ALSO: Yes I know OP got banned. He'll probably come back or at least review the forum. So it wasn't useless to post this.

forget you, Smegg.

While putting Blockland on steam has given the game an increased rate of indulgence, I believe it was a mistake. The slow community grow made Blockland Unique, and gave the game a better feel. I could join a freebuild server without seeing red vehicle plates covering the ground; and join a TDM without being spawn killed instantly by some degenerate fool looking for a bit of fun to fill his bland life, So many kids are subjected to modern technology and their brains are damaged, they spread their disease all over the internet, Blockland felt like a safe-haven from all that, yet now it feels like just another cesspit of small minded autistic children. Not something I want to come home from work, or school to see.

User was banned for this post

oh

I could join a freebuild server without seeing red vehicle plates covering the ground
this is the host/admins's fault for not cleaning up after players. I host a freebuild occasionally and expect to have them around the server but does not take long to clear.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:24:30 PM by Isjix »

While putting Blockland on steam has given the game an increased rate of indulgence, I believe it was a mistake. The slow community grow made Blockland Unique, and gave the game a better feel. I could join a freebuild server without seeing red vehicle plates covering the ground; and join a TDM without being spawn killed instantly by some degenerate fool looking for a bit of fun to fill his bland life, So many kids are subjected to modern technology and their brains are damaged, they spread their disease all over the internet, Blockland felt like a safe-haven from all that, yet now it feels like just another cesspit of small minded autistic children. Not something I want to come home from work, or school to see.

Bye

Every game has these sorts of problems, especially GMod. I don't see how keeping Blockland off of Steam would help.

Enjoy your ban good sir I hope this be a lesson to ya to think before you post total bullstuff

*insert comment on someone's ban to feel superior to them*

I am aware of the irony to my own post

I think Blockland has either improved or at least stayed the same since I started in 2008. New players are always going to be planting random vehicle spawns no matter what.
this and

"You should kill yourself, there by making the community smaller and better." - Badspot

*insert comment on someone's ban to feel superior to them*

how can-

I am aware of the irony to my own post

oh

I could join a freebuild server without seeing red vehicle plates covering the ground; and join a TDM without being spawn killed instantly by some degenerate fool looking for a bit of fun to fill his bland life, So many kids are subjected to modern technology and their brains are damaged, they spread their disease all over the internet,
That seems like a pretty extreme and improbable assumption to make about why someone spawn killed you in an online game. In fact, it sounds like you're projecting your own insecurity about playing too much videogames on to other people so that you don't feel as guilty about it. Either way, it doesn't require any insane psychobrown townysis for us to know that you're pretty forgeted up in the head.

I've seen too many posts like this recently.  I never realize there were so many tweenage Bill O'reilly fans.
"Tide goes in, tide goes out, YOU can't explain that." -Bill O'Reilly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb3AFMe2OQY&t=1m40s