Squads For Team Deathmatches

Author Topic: Squads For Team Deathmatches  (Read 1615 times)

I think this has been requested before. Basically,

When you spawn, you are notified that the server is running squads, and of the / commands to use. When you type in /squads You get a list of all squads currently available, and how many people are in them. Max playercount on a squad should be around 6, but maybe it should increase depending on playerlimit and how many people are in the server. You can from there create a new squad with /newsquad *name* or join a squad with /joinsquad *name*. Please note you can also go without a squad, but not form private ones.

Squads work like this. If you are dead, you will respawn near any members of your squad, but only if they are alive. If all members of your squad are dead, you will respawn from a team respawn point along with them. This enforces group tactics, and multiple squads can quickly storm large maps from all angles in a team. If you are the last surviving member of a squad, You will get notified of their respawn time (This should also be instant respawn) And should get out of any firefights so they can spawn alongside you.

Possible Issues??:
Squadmates could spawn in walls. Put in some wall detection.
Put in height detection too, so that players in a squad in a helicopter or a plane won't get spawned in midair, but rather the floor.
Possibly make it so that players in a squad respawn inside a vehicle with their squadmates. Dunno if this is a thing you can do, but...

Feel free to post any  possible issues and also say if you support this idea. I really really want this, as I think It'd add a ton of strategy to big team dms. Imagine something like jorgur's dogfight with this! It'd be awesome.

Interesting concept, though something about it makes me feel uneasy.  I don't know what.

Maybe instead of spawning around them they spawn right exactly where they are.

you should only be able to spawn on your squad leader

you should only be able to spawn on your squad leader
Maybe make this an rtb pref.
Maybe instead of spawning around them they spawn right exactly where they are.
Might be a little disorienting but it works. Good idea.

This would be extremely useful for when I play with a friend.

Its like Battlefield 4,right?

Squad TDMs sound cool for Blockland

someone doesnt have veteran status...

Or any battlefield game
My fav is battlefield bc 2

This suggestion is based on a mechanic I saw in original Ace of Spades about 2 years ago. I thought it was really cool. Does battlefield have something similar? Wouldn't know.

This suggestion is based on a mechanic I saw in original Ace of Spades about 2 years ago. I thought it was really cool. Does battlefield have something similar? Wouldn't know.
It does, in fact, is uses this exact concept. Squad members spawn on each other when they die, if the entire squad dies they have to respawn at a base. Squad members can spawn on other squad members in vehicles if the vehicle isn't full.

On topic- /support

Bump, can someone confirm if this is possible or if this would be hard to do?

Can be done not very easy though

Massive bump. I really want to see this made.