Hosting public FTB-Direwolf server on syerjchep.org:14880 --- Syerjchep

Author Topic: Hosting public FTB-Direwolf server on syerjchep.org:14880 --- Syerjchep  (Read 12040 times)

With Wine of course. I host Boss Battles on linode.
I guess that means it works okay?

If I thought I could actually do it well I'd do it.
You get more for less when you use Linux (and I don't know why).

Windows server, duh.
What.

I thought that was a joke. I didn't realize it actually existed.

Is it a command line system or what? Windows shell commands suck.

What.

I thought that was a joke. I didn't realize it actually existed.

Is it a command line system or what? Windows shell commands suck.
It's very popular because, what do you do when you want to run Windows applications in a server environment? Most people don't know about Wine or much about Linux, so they get a Windows server. It just costs more.

It's very popular because, what do you do when you want to run Windows applications in a server environment? Most people don't know about Wine or much about Linux, so they get a Windows server. It just costs more.
But is it a command line OS like Linux servers? Or does it have a gui and you have to use remote desktop or something?

But is it a command line OS like Linux servers? Or does it have a gui and you have to use remote desktop or something?
Windows Server has a gui...

Uh, for what do you think remote desktop is?

Then you have to use remote desktop to access it remotely.
I don't see that being very reliable, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Uh, for what do you think remote desktop is?
I always used it to access my home computer from my phone and things like that.

And when a friend who lives far away needs me to fix something.

You have to remember that there isn't such a thing as SSH for windows. So the only method of accessing the server is typically through a VNC interface that the host has preinstalled on the OS for you to use. From there you can install your own remote desktop like Teamviewer or some other kind of remote admin tool.

bump

come play with us

You have to remember that there isn't such a thing as SSH for windows. So the only method of accessing the server is typically through a VNC interface that the host has preinstalled on the OS for you to use. From there you can install your own remote desktop like Teamviewer or some other kind of remote admin tool.
i've used this
http://www.freesshd.com/

NFO loads VNC and remote desktop butts on the server with install though

We got Nal and Pecon to get on as well.