Author Topic: Hosting public FTB-Direwolf server on syerjchep.org:14880 --- Syerjchep  (Read 12032 times)

If long passwords break something then you're doing something horribly wrong and it needs to be fixed. There's no reason to put artificial limits on the users security.
I didn't say it WOULD break something.
It's just silly to think someone needs a100 character long password for their loving syerjchep.org account lol

I didn't say it WOULD break something.
It's just silly to think someone needs a100 character long password for their loving syerjchep.org account lol
The customer is always right

I have a website, really need to get out of Blogger after I polish the login system.

no

well they are
if you want money you need customers, and if you don't treat customers right then you won't have any left

but this isn't something you pay for, so there aren't any customers, and what he said isn't really relevant

"the customer is always right" is just a cheap excuse for people to act like richards to workers in stores

"the customer is always right" is just a cheap excuse for people to act like richards to workers in stores
no it isn't, it's something that your boss tells you so that you don't create a problem with a customer
being a richard isn't even the same thing

no it isn't, it's something that your boss tells you so that you don't create a problem with a customer
being a richard isn't even the same thing
if a customer is a richard to a cashier worker, the cashier worker isn't always allowed to be a nob to the customer because "the customer is always right"

What exactly is the problem with not having a password length limit? 100 is absurdly long, and you'd need a weird 63-bit computer and use bytes with a length other than 256 to actually accomplish that. You're basically adding extra overhead by arbitrarily adding a limit. Is using a plain short for storing the length of a password really such a burden? 65536 is a lot; you aren't going to run out.

Added reply counting for the forum index, so you can see how many replies a thread has.
Added user profiles.
Added a counter for how many times a user has posted a topic or replied to a topic. But the count was only just started, so even if you posted before your count is zero.

What exactly is the problem with not having a password length limit? 100 is absurdly long, and you'd need a weird 63-bit computer and use bytes with a length other than 256 to actually accomplish that. You're basically adding extra overhead by arbitrarily adding a limit. Is using a plain short for storing the length of a password really such a burden? 65536 is a lot; you aren't going to run out.
I guess there's no reason not to allow longer passwords, but it does seem really silly.
TBH I'm not even sure if the text box lets you input all that many characters.

Also, if everyone really did use up to 65536 characters for their password then storage space would actually be an issue lol

if a customer is a richard to a cashier worker, the cashier worker isn't always allowed to be a nob to the customer because "the customer is always right"
a cashier shouldn't be a "nob" to a customer, regardless of what the customer is saying
that isn't what "the customer is always right" means, anyway

I am able to login on my iPod, but it doesn't stay logged in when I go to another page. :/

I am able to login on my iPod, but it doesn't stay logged in when I go to another page. :/
What do you mean go to another page?
Did you actually try posting a topic or reply?