Author Topic: Hosting public FTB-Direwolf server on syerjchep.org:14880 --- Syerjchep  (Read 12024 times)

Also, if everyone really did use up to 65536 characters for their password then storage space would actually be an issue lol
if you're storing peoples passwords in plaintext then that is also an issue

if you're storing peoples passwords in plaintext then that is also an issue
Nope, I reverse them before I save them.

Nope, I reverse them before I save them.
This is a joke, right?

This is a joke, right?
i made the right decision to not use my real password and make up a new one
phew.

This is a joke, right?
i made the right decision to not use my real password and make up a new one
phew.
One hundred twenty eight bits of autism separate them from you.
 :cookieMonster:

How are you storing the passwords DrenDran?

I will, is this some sort of forum?

I will, is this some sort of forum?
uh yeah, why not just click the link lol?

Password changing has been added.
Gonna add profile changing now with avatars and taglines and probably emails you can specify.
Next thing to add is interfacing with a minecraft server.
At some point I'll need someone who can do javascript and css for/with me. Still not sure if I've found someone for it yet.

Password changing has been added.
Gonna add profile changing now with avatars and taglines and probably emails you can specify.
Next thing to add is interfacing with a minecraft server.
At some point I'll need someone who can do javascript and css for/with me. Still not sure if I've found someone for it yet.
I'd do it but you have yet to show us what you want it to look like.

One hundred twenty eight bits of autism separate them from you.
 :cookieMonster:
What's the significance of 128 here? Are you using MD5 to hash the passwords or something? Because if so a person with a 65535 character password wouldn't be any more a storage issue than a person with a 1 character password.

I'd do it but you have yet to show us what you want it to look like.
Well I'm not great at design, that's the thing.
There would probably be a header/rectangle at the top with things like "login", "profile" and "forum" on it, and other user functions.
Then there would be various squares for different categories of stuff, e.g. minecraft sever, website stuff such as the user list and forums, projects I'm working on like the webserver and my games, and probably a blockland section for my addons and blockland servers, just to name a few examples.

http://nalnalas.com/
Nal's site is really simple, but it would be nice if we could use javascript to make it so the boxes for each category would glow and stuff when you mouse over them and possibly scroll, since there'd be too many to fit all in one screen

What do you mean go to another page?
Did you actually try posting a topic or reply?
Yeah, when I click the link to another page (e.g. the Return link), it says I'm not logged in. And yes, I did try posting.

Yeah, when I click the link to another page (e.g. the Return link), it says I'm not logged in. And yes, I did try posting.
Weird. So far no one else has had such a problem. Are cookies enabled?

Look up Flask, it's powerful as stuff and makes it really easy to do a lot of powerful stuff.
HTML/CSS wise I can probably help, though you should probably create a rough draft of what you want your website to look like.
I've seen you post something about Flask before. Stop. He is making his own if you didn't read the topic.