Author Topic: Hosting public FTB-Direwolf server on syerjchep.org:14880 --- Syerjchep  (Read 13118 times)

Make a password length limit on the registration page.

Make a password length limit on the registration page.
I guess.
I assume you mean a maximum, right?
There's already a minimum of 6 characters.

I guess.
I assume you mean a maximum, right?
There's already a minimum of 6 characters.

Yes, a maximum.

I've started work on a forum!
Try it out!

DRENDRAN CONFIRMED BRIBING EPHI TO BRING DOWN RTB TO BRING RISE TO SYERJCHEP

anyway ty for the 2014 fix the website just jumped on the alexa rankings

First topic ever%21

Testing making the first topic ever%21%0D%0A
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:32:03 AM by Electrk. »

First topic ever%21

Testing making the first topic ever%21%0D%0A
I'm slowly handling all the punctuation and special characters.
I just added and tested the new line character, so you can make multi-line posts.

Next thing to add would be replying to a topic.

As for the GUI, why not?
it's nice to be able to execute commands and stuff without having to load a page and see things without having to open a log file

why not like
use the default terminal emulator feature every OS has
instead of making a silly thing which kinda behaves like it using a windowing toolkit

The graphics library it uses is SDL, the networking library is SDLnet.
SDL doesn't work with or allow actual console in- and output.
I would use a console if I could. But I'd have to switch the networking to winsock, which I don't like.

still, having a web server explicitly require a graphical  environment to function does impact what you can do quite a bit

also, why were you considering using a non-standard windows-only networking library rather than just sys/socket.h?

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 06:25:09 AM by Sylvanor »

still, having a web server explicitly require a graphical  environment to function does impact what you can do quite a bit

also, why were you considering using a non-standard windows-only networking library rather than just sys/socket.h?
Well I'm using a open source multiplatform library, so yeah

Yes, a maximum.
why the forget would you put a maximum length on passwords, don't do this

why the forget would you put a maximum length on passwords, don't do this
I'd rather not have hundred + character long passwords. Just seems like it's risking breaking something.

I'd rather not have hundred + character long passwords. Just seems like it's risking breaking something.
If long passwords break something then you're doing something horribly wrong and it needs to be fixed. There's no reason to put artificial limits on the users security.