Why RTB going be Shutdown?

Author Topic: Why RTB going be Shutdown?  (Read 72445 times)

The communication issue extends far further than just not informing us of what he's doing development-wise. The game and forum were down for the majority of like three days and unless I missed it there was no post addressing it.

personally i think you are all sucking ephi's richard and think badspot is an idiot because ephi thinks badspot is an idiot
Or you're just sucking Badspot's richard..?

The communication issue extends far further than just not informing us of what he's doing development-wise. The game and forum were down for the majority of like three days and unless I missed it there was no post addressing it.
He addressed some of it but not in a way that reached a lot of people; the first two days were ddos attacks and the third was switching to a better ddos protection service.

that sounds like something that might go into development. seems pretty important imo

I really feel like Badspots just lost all motivation for the game.
Really Badspot should either get back into working on the game more or hire someone else who is willing to work on it.
The fact that Baddy's been silent the past few days before this and the ddos's happened makes me think Badspot may have abandoned the game as well.

i don't think it's totally badspots fault. It is only him, rotondo, and kompressor working on the game. A very limited dev team for a indie game that gets 100 new players every week. last time i also checked, he was spending time getting the forums and the master server DDoS protection. from what i've also seen it seems he was the only one optimizing blockland for steam. Pretty sure he also has his own daily-life outside of blockland development. imo baddy should just let ephi into the development of blockland to speed up progress. but comparing a mod for blockland to the actual development of blockland are two different things.

while i admit that blockland has had poor development over the past year, and nothing to have been shown about the improvements of S&S over T&I, badspot has had to go through some pretty nasty stuff with blockland, okiver, manofreason, and all the other dipstuffs who've gotten their key revoked multiple times.

personally i think you are all sucking ephi's richard and think badspot is an idiot because ephi thinks badspot is an idiot

AKA what is said every time someone agrees with a moderator/admin. Please just leave or something.

But yeah, as much as I like the developer team, I do have to agree with heedicalking. It's been a year and a half since the thing halting the development was removed, and there's been nothing of significance so far. And with RTB going down, I dunno but it just feels like a big chunk of the actual game is going away, regardless of it being an add-on.

more communication about what they're working on would be nice

I have something else to throw out on the plate.  RTB issues are up in the air right now, worry about it later.

1. When Ephialtes steps down, who will take over (will someone take over?) his moderator positions?

Kalphiter vs. Ephialtes

Kalphiter pulls a hood over his face and shuts down Kaphost.  A matter of a month or two later, Ephialtes follows with the shutdown of the much more powerful and popular Return To Blockland.

Ephialtes and Kalphiter both go into splotchy intervals between visits, as they discover that their is a planet called Earth that we live on.

You know, it looks kind of like the endless battle ended in a draw?

i don't think it's totally badspots fault. It is only him, rotondo, and kompressor working on the game. A very limited dev team for a indie game that gets 100 new players every week.
I've seen many other games, big/small community, big/small dev team, at least communicate with the players.
[/quote]
last time i also checked, he was spending time getting the forums and the master server DDoS protection.
Already done.
from what i've also seen it seems he was the only one optimizing blockland for steam.
Reasonable. But that's only one small timeframe in all this inactivity.
Pretty sure he also has his own daily-life outside of blockland development.
As we all do, including Ephi, who has another job, yet still worked on this game for free.
imo baddy should just let ephi into the development of blockland to speed up progress.
A little too late for that.
but comparing a mod for blockland to the actual development of blockland are two different things.
Ephi had some involvement with engine changes I believe.
badspot has had to go through some pretty nasty stuff with blockland, okiver, manofreason, and all the other dipstuffs who've gotten their key revoked multiple times.
It's usually just a quick IP/e-mail check and then he carries on. If he can't manage and develop his game, then he should get help with doing so.

Blockland has so much room for improvement, especially bug fixes.

I have the files that Xalos put up. I'm not interested in being DDoSed, so if you guys want access to them let me know and i'll send you the link. I know it won't mitigate that perfectly, but it's better than just dumping an ip address here.

To be honest, if anyone manages to DDoS Google I think we'll have much bigger problems. Like the end of civilization.

1. When Ephialtes steps down, who will take over (will someone take over?) his moderator positions?

Ephialtes will still moderate the forums

To be honest, if anyone manages to DDoS Google I think we'll have much bigger problems. Like the end of civilization.
not sure why I didn't think of that