Can't upload forum avatar

Author Topic: Can't upload forum avatar  (Read 1290 times)

Hitting E for medic blockland forums

Ok so i'm having a real big problem right now with my laptop's chrome browser. It's got these two ads installed; one I am able to delete during a session but i come back later and it re-installs itself. The other one, I can't get rid of at all; it locks me out. Ughhhh

Now, I have these stupid ads highlighting words on pages I read:
(i added the quote box to help separate the picture's text from my text, makes it easier for people to read)

What gets me is that i've already ran a full Microsoft Security Essentials scan and it turned back absolutely nothing.
I then tried Malwarebytes and it detected over 600 trojans on my chrome browser (I'm not kidding about this). I deleted them all, restarted my computer as it told me to, but still these stupid extensions are stuck in my browser.

Any idea what else I could try doing?

NEW PROBLEM:

I can't upload a new forum avatar.
I have a small 70x70 transed png image I want to use for my new forum profile picture, but when I try to upload it (or anything 70x70 small), the page for changing forum profile information "jumps" for a second and refreshes, but nothing has changed. I've waited and waited patiently, tried even downsizing the image, but it still doesn't work.

NEW
LOL MY AVATAR I UPLOADED LAST WEEK JUST CAME IN.
Oh gosh this is hilarious.

Guys, try uploading your new avatars now. Maybe Badspot's fixed it!

Sorry for having to bump, by the way. But it's better than making a new topic.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:46:55 PM by Planr »

Try using a trial of Webroot

A main malware seems to be infecting files, and Malwarbytes is not detecting it.

for now you should start to try to find the main infected file which is passing the infection to others.

Are you performing quick or complete scans?

I already ran a full scan after doing the quick scan (and also cleaning out the 600 other viruses) and it didn't detect anything else on my computer.

UtuBeAddReemoovaal

genius

Try erasing some things in your C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application folder

And uninstall it, then re-install it when your done with that

I already ran a full scan after doing the quick scan (and also cleaning out the 600 other viruses) and it didn't detect anything else on my computer.

When you open your browser, do you get redirected to some search engine or is it just google?

When did this begin to happen?

EDIT: You should also try what Niff said, reinstall Chrome.

Does this happen with other browsers?

Format your hard drive and don't install stuffware this time.

backup your researchfiles first

whats with all this malware infection recently
this is like the 2nd topic on it today

Well, what the heck.
Maybe its in another location?

whats with all this malware infection recently
this is like the 2nd topic on it today
my friends was first :)

Dont do that yet.

if you have a 64-bit pc its probably on program files(x86)

if you have a 64-bit pc its probably on program files(x86)

Actually, you´re right.

uninstall chrome
malwarebytes scan again
reboot
install chrome

tada you're winner