Larger road bricks

Author Topic: Larger road bricks  (Read 975 times)

Our current road bricks can't even fit a single Jeep in one lane.

What I'm asking for is a pack of road bricks equivalent to the default ones, however much bigger.
Instead of 32x, maybe 48x, or even 64x.

Optimally, to the point of a single Jeep filling this much on a lane:

Several people (Demian, Xalos) have already worked on this a bit but none of them have gotten to the point of actually releasing something that works. Could one of you at least send me what you've made so far?

Yea, I don't know why people bothered to half-ass bigger road bricks and never finish them... Seems to me like you should either do the whole thing or just not bother in the first place

Don't count on it. The road bricks are actually made differently from all the other .blb bricks and it is hard to replicate. What we need is print roads instead.

I never finished mine because loving NO ONE was willing to actually make the collision meshes for them.

I never finished mine because loving NO ONE was willing to actually make the collision meshes for them.
why do you need collision meshes for 64x64 bricks though
i thought it already created the collision box based on the bounding box?

why do you need collision meshes for 64x64 bricks though
i thought it already created the collision box based on the bounding box?

Cubic collision cubes only work for cubic shapes. Curved roads don't work with that.

Cubic collision cubes only work for cubic shapes. Curved roads don't work with that.

A 64x64F brick is not curved.

um
you could always build your own roads

um
you could always build your own roads

That absolutely wouldn't work with what I'm making this for, even if I could build.

A 64x64F brick is not curved.

Plant the DEFAULT curve. Now imagine the sidewalks, raised up the height of one plate.

It needs. A dts. Collision mesh.

[-quote author=Xalos link=topic=250961.msg7273384#msg7273384 date=1391940633]
Plant the DEFAULT curve. Now imagine the sidewalks, raised up the height of one plate.

It needs. A dts. Collision mesh.
[/quote]
.blb can withstand up to 10 cube collision meshes.
It's somewhat possible, if you are to lower the amount of sections on the curve.
I'll give this a try to see what I will end up with.

I forgeted up on the sizing in Blender so it's 46x46, but can be easily fixed.
Anyway, it works well. Could use some better details though.
This was done just as a test.
Also I need to figure out how to make those top textures normal.

I somehow forgeted something up so Blockland gets a runtime error from the brick, let me see what I can do..?

[img\]http://www.leetlegacy.tk/images/captures/imgno001d09m02y2014.png[/img]
Current issues:
Despite multiplying the size of the TOP's UV Texture from the default (1x) to 46x, apparently the studs are misplaced on the brick. I can't figure out why.
There is no collision on the corners: If I rotate a existing col it gives me a runtime error and if I deform a cube the brick becomes invisible.

[i-mg]http://www.leetlegacy.tk/images/captures/imgno002d09m02y2014.png[/img]
The collision works fine, but there are two more issues left:
Despite the collision working for the player, apparently you can't spray or hammer (or anything) the brick.
I still can't figure out how to make the studs right.
Also, the collision doesn't work with vehicles; what needs it the most :/

Ironically enough, the studs still loop though:
[i-mg]http://www.leetlegacy.tk/images/captures/imgno003d09m02y2014.png[/img]

Special thanks to Demian and Barnabas for helping me make one loving curved road brick. Not joking about the special thanks though, this helped me learn more about how collisions and bricks work.
That aside, I also afforded to increase the detail level for the brick a tiny bit (collisions are still stable), could still be improved though:

Before I continue, any special requests for the set?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:10:42 AM by LeetZero »