Author Topic: Milkshape Joint Assigning/Animation Problem  (Read 811 times)

Okay, so I haven't picked up Milkshape since it stopped working for me two years ago, but I got it to work finally. I have animated a couple models in the past, and I clearly remember that part of the animation process was Assigning Groups/Vertices to Joints/Bones but i'm not so sure. This is what i'm doing in Milkshape:

1. I have the whole gun (A fiveSeven) modeled out in milkshape, export-ready, etc. The model's not the problem.

2. I have a basic skeleton set up ( mountPoint { muzzlePoint, ejectPoint, slidePoint[I'm using 'slidepoint' to animate the slide of the gun for a firing animation] }

3. I select the parent joint, mountPoint, and then I press ctrl-a, which selects everything on the model currently. I then go to the joints tab and press 'assign' and assign the entire model to mountPoint

4. When I try to move just the mountPoint joint itself, only the joint moves, and not the model. This is the problem, since I need the entire model to be assigned to the joint in order to animate it.

5. I then assign the slide (top) of the gun to slidePoint, exactly the same way i did to mountPoint, but just the slide, and the same problem: Only the joint moves, not the groups/vertices I assigned to the joint.

This renders animation impossible for me, since I can't move the freaking model in animation mode.
I use Milkshape 1.8.4. If you need, I can upload a screenshot if I wasn't clear.

Please, don't just post "Lol cigarettet go use blender." I'm looking for help, not advertisement. Thanks.

Nevermind this post; I figured out that only when you move joints in ANIMATION Mode, will it move the joint and the model. Sorry for this waste of space. Locking...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:56:54 PM by Mustango »