Poll

Do you prefer Steam Workshop or RTB?

RTB
Steam Workshop
I don't care either way

Author Topic: Poll regarding the Steam Workshop / RTB debate.  (Read 793 times)

I realize that a lot of topics have already been made on this subject but I wanted to make a poll to see how the community feels about this on a larger scale. Do not post comments that insult RTB or Steam Workshop. Opinions are welcome (so long as they aren't insults) but please keep your arguments civil. Thanks!

RTB is made for Blockland, therefor Steam Workshop will always be inferior.

This isn't the first topic, nor the first poll on this.

I didn't say it was the first. I stated that I am aware of the amount of topics already made on this subject.

I didn't say it was the first. I stated that I am aware of the amount of topics already made on this subject.
but I wanted to make a poll to see how the community feels about this on a larger scale

I don't understand what you're trying to say by posting those two quotes.

I don't understand what you're trying to say by posting those two quotes.

You clearly can't read so I will clarify this again.
By this ^^^^^ (arrows pointing to the quote)

I mean to say that this is not the first poll even though you said in your original post that you wanted to create a poll for something that has already been done. and by doing this you are contributing to the current topic spam issue.

I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to prove a point that both of us are already aware of. This entire argument so far is purely rhetorical. I misunderstood what you were trying to say so I apologize for that. The reason I made a new topic is to get an accurate representation of current data. Opinions can change because minds are easily manipulated when they are presented with new information.

While RTB is clearly better suited for Blockland, our opinions clearly wont matter.

RTB isn't going down for any reason relating to steam workshop.

I choose RTB replacement. There should be an RTB replacement.

RTB isn't going down for any reason relating to steam workshop.

That may be true. But without RTB we will have to have a place to go for our add-ons and some people don't find the forums as convenient as a system like RTB. So naturally the idea of Steam Workshop comes to mind. It's just my curiosity wanting to know how people feel about Steam Workshop as opposed to RTB and vise versa.

RTB [replacement].

Nothing will beat a mod built directly for the game.

That may be true. But without RTB we will have to have a place to go for our add-ons and some people don't find the forums as convenient as a system like RTB. So naturally the idea of Steam Workshop comes to mind. It's just my curiosity wanting to know how people feel about Steam Workshop as opposed to RTB and vise versa.
Of course the Steam Workshop is an ideal second option. But that doesn't mean it's better than RTB, or even that we should just opt out of Steam Workshop with or without RTB.

Nothing will beat a mod built directly for the game.

You're right in saying that. But as far as we know, it's not coming back. Some people are afraid to accept this idea whether it's true or not. A vast majority of people are afraid of change and that tends to cause a lot of biased opinions and anger on this subject.

Why not use steam workshop? Why are people against it? Even if it's not made for Blockland it can still be a good thing. RTB isn't coming back and all the RTB replacements will focus on communication(Which steam already has covered). And even if it's not used for addons, it could be used for builds!

Stop loving complaining, aside from the hosting and server/client mod, it is useless now that Blockland is on steam, this is good because not all the new players know about RTB.