Poll

name/logo

yes
117 (63.9%)
no (vote for this)
66 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: BAM Development (see page 25)  (Read 44261 times)

I would like a little "who where and when" friends list.

Lists who is on (obviously).
Where they are (server).
And when they were last on.

also i know it was rejected but seriously gui+ is a good gig for this yo

also I just noticed Lugnut/Ipquarx are not in the github.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:25:08 PM by Swat 3 »

also I just noticed Lugnut/Ipquarx are not in the github.

Lugnut is Tungul.

Also, I'd be happy to join.

I want updates on progress.

I want updates on progress.
What do you mean 'progress'? Is that some kind of new slang, or what?

Yep, its dead. GG everyone.

Shaddap,Its not gonna die!

I hope .-.

Here's how this stuff seems to go down:
- The community does something. They do it well.
- The mod that whoever in the community who made it made breaks. (or was broken from the start) ie rtb, bot events, zombies
- People try to make a new one. It seems like it will be a lot better than the old version but due to fault of nobody dies.
- Badspot implaments as feature.

This happened with bot events (Amade's bot events were terrible from the start but we had some fun) teledoors (setPlayerTransform had it coming) and Zombie bots. Also gamemodes. In fact, if I remember correctly someone was even trying to implement shadows in v19 at some point with some decal system or something. And let's not forget JVS. JVS was the stuff. Badspot's recreation was even better.

I can emphasise with what's going on here - Badspot, though he doesn't often mention it, probably values a lot of the mods that are made for his game. So, when they break, or get abandoned, he re-imagines them the way he would do it and gives the feature back to the community.

Thinking more realistically though, I doubt he's going to be bringing out anything like RTB any time soon. I feel like we might get some official add-on/saves platform with ingame downloads, though. A game that can be modded out of the box, without moving files around? That's too good an opportunity to pass up. If Gmod did it, why can't blockland?

Apologies if I sound stupid. I've had a lot of soft drinks. I'll probably edit most of this away later.

Port, please don't let this mod die out. This has lots of potential, and I would hate to see such a great concept die away. I lost lots of friends I had made on Blockland due to RTB closing up. I really enjoy all of the amazing ideas people are throwing at you. I would love to see these ideas come to Blockland again.

Badspot's recreation was even better.
No it wasn't. Simplicity does not make it better if it in turn has far less features.

do not let this die
it has so much potential

please

I'm personally seeing to it that Port doesn't allow this to die, so don't worry.

Just give him some time and be patient; He's working on a few other projects off and on as well as this.

No it wasn't. Simplicity does not make it better if it in turn has far less features.
Even if those extra features make you sit through an hour of loading?