Author Topic: [VIDEO] Dynamic soft shadows: Electric Boogaloo  (Read 4295 times)

You can run that normally ?!

Actually, apparently I was in a full TeamViewer remote desktop session while recording that video.

So a brick that's far from the ground makes a blurrier shadow than one on it?
Also, all of these screenshots looks amazing overall.

Sadly not, it's the distance to the camera.

Also, I don't see the difference? Were the ultra shaders unable to be dynamic before?

Also, I don't see the difference? Were the ultra shaders unable to be dynamic before?

Varying shadow blur levels and a somehow absurdly much higher performance level.

So what this does is adjust the quality of the shadows based on how far they are from a player's view?

I'm drooling, literally. Are there any specific graphic cards which work with your dynamic soft shadows?

it almost looks pre rendered

it almost looks pre rendered
I can't tell if that is a good or bad thing because the baked shadows in v20 were ugly.

These photos look beautiful.

The Blockland Developers really need to do something with this because these soft shadows look so amazing! I've tried them before; a little laggy but awesome. (What I mean is try implementing it default into Blockland)

I love how this gives an ambient occlusion feel to the game

The Blockland Developers really need to do something with this because these soft shadows look so amazing! I've tried them before; a little laggy but awesome. (What I mean is try implementing it default into Blockland)
Doubtful. They are really hard to run
I mean if they optimized them like really well I'm sure they would but from the build Port released I wouldn't say so yet.

But this still looks awesome

Please release this once you finish it Port it looks amazing

This looks beautiful, I'm impressed with the perfomance of it

This video features just how smooth they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3llEQ3O5M0
Is the FPS impacted a lot more on max? Or is it only just a few frames difference.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:26:47 PM by Kamutog »