Author Topic: Ide's Server enhancements  (Read 3220 times)

These scripts are to improve server gameplay, function, and administration, I have completely reworked my older scripts, so the code in these are clean and crisp, and could help new coders if you take a look, example, here.

Fetch & Find Display
Purpose:
You type "/fetch NAME" or "/find NAME" and it will display in the chat, here's an example.  Also plays the 'MsgError' sound.

Features:
  • Disable and enable feature, /enableFF and /disableFF
  • Just use /find and /fetch to use and it plays a sound and displays

Puu.sh (1.09 KB)

Loading tags
What is it?
It displays if a player is loading or not.

Puu.sh (794 bytes)

Slay
Description:
Slay people that are breaking rules; example: a person on your speedkart server is just sitting there and holding up the game, what do you do?  Slay him.

/slay NAME.

Puu.sh  (857 bytes)

To avoid confusion, yes I am Wound.  Please post any legitimate issues you find with the scripts.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:08:17 PM by IdeTheBird »

Coolio, also just an FYI RTB Prefs still will work ingame once RTB is shutdown.

Coolio, also just an FYI RTB Prefs still will work ingame once RTB is shutdown.
Oh, RTB would not open for me in-game so I figured it wouldn't work.  I don't think it is to difficult to type out /disableff blah blah.

If enough people want it enough I can re add it no problem.

Oh, RTB would not open for me in-game so I figured it wouldn't work.  I don't think it is to difficult to type out /disableff blah blah.

If enough people want it enough I can re add it no problem.
Yeah, the only things that won't work are the ones that use communication with their website. So yeah thats why we cannot connect with the overlay.

Updated with a Slay I just quickly coded.

Slay
Description:
Slay people that are breaking rules; example: a person on your speedkart server is just sitting there and holding up the game, what do you do?  Slay him.

/slay NAME.

Puu.sh  (857 bytes)
Pretty much /kill.
You didn't check if(isObject(%target.player)) and I don't think player::kill() has any arguments.

You didn't check if(isObject(%target.player)) and I don't think player::kill() has any arguments.

if(!isObject(%target))  // Checking to see if the target is real
   {
      messageClient(%client,'MsgError', "\c6Invalid name.");
      return;
   }

player::Kill? what.

I find these little trinkets useful, Im eager to see what else you have in store.

if(!isObject(%target))  // Checking to see if the target is real
   {
      messageClient(%client,'MsgError', "\c6Invalid name.");
      return;
   }

%target and %target.player are not the same thing.
player::Kill? what.
Code: (server.cs) [Select]
%target.player.kill("Self Delete"); // Slaying the target
I don't think .kill(); has any arguments.

Uh, is that causing an issue? I tested it multiple times and slay feature worked perfectly fine

EDIT: Ever since I've been coding when I check if a player exists I've always done it that way and I don't see any issues, unless you point some out.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:25:38 PM by IdeTheBird »

Fetch & Find Display
Purpose:
You type "/fetch NAME" or "/find NAME" and it will display in the chat, here's an example.  Also plays the 'MsgError' sound.

Features:
  • Disable and enable feature, /enableFF and /disableFF
  • Just use /find and /fetch to use and it plays a sound and displays
um

um
To avoid confusion, yes I am Wound.  Please post any legitimate issues you find with the scripts.

Next time be more considerate and read the entire OP.  I re-posted because that DL no longer works, and I re worked some things with this new one.

EDIT: Ever since I've been coding when I check if a player exists I've always done it that way and I don't see any issues, unless you point some out.
I don't have the code. Is %target referencing a player object, such as one you might get via findClientByName(%serverCmdArgument).player?
I assume not, because %target.player.kill("Self Delete"); // Slaying the target.
The problem with if(!isObject(%target)) is that you are only checking if the client exists. If the client is dead, either by getting ran over, ctrl+k, shot, whatever, then they do not have a player object.
Calling %target.player.kill(); under those circumstances will result in an error about not being able to find object '' being dumped into the console. Not fatal, but not good coding practice either.

can you add onChatSpam which goes off when someone gets stopped by flood protection? i need it for my server