Author Topic: Brick Health- Fort Wars?  (Read 1034 times)

Add-on that has health depending on size, and damage is delivered through weapons, but only to player made bricks and not public bricks, much like Fort Wars.

This was mentioned in Glass' topic if you guys know about it.

Thanks.

(what i need it for is secret... ah fine its for tdm like fort wars thats all)

If someone else doesn't make this before I wake up, I might as well start on it tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard.

Going to need some specifics though. Like how much health a 1x1 should have, and whether to fakekill (so it respawns later), killbrick (chain killing like it would with wand), or delete (brick poofs).

What happens when a brick receives too much dam-
If someone else doesn't make this before I wake up, I might as well start on it tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard.

Going to need some specifics though. Like how much health a 1x1 should have, and whether to fakekill (so it respawns later), killbrick (chain killing like it would with wand), or delete (brick poofs).
oh

Server prefer- oh...

Or server prefs work too.

Or server prefs work too.
Except for the upcoming lack of RTB, though I suppose RTB features will stay available, just not the services.

That would be great! Not sure how the health would be like though. I think it would be killbrick though, that would be the best.

I don't know the comparison for damage, so that will be up to you.

If you make server prefs, obv have for enabled, fakekill, killbrick, or delete (if you want, killbrick is just fine) and public or not.

Thanks Chrono! I'm excited to wake up tomorrow.

preferences for fake kill/delete/kill and brick health of a 1x1 flat?
seems like the best way to do the health would to be based on size

preferences for fake kill/delete/kill and brick health of a 1x1 flat?
seems like the best way to do the health would to be based on size
x*y*6/15z? A vertical stud is 6/5 of a horizontal one, and there are 3 plates in a vertical stud.

x*y*6/15z? A vertical stud is 6/5 of a horizontal one, and there are 3 plates in a vertical stud.
Or brick.dataBlock.getVolume()

Anyways, almost done, just gotta add RTB prefs for those who will use it for it's non-service functions.

Download

Important things to know:
WILL NOT work minigame brick damage turned on.
If you're not using RTB, commands for setting preferences (SA only):

/setBrickKillType #
0 = off
1 = fakekill (default)
2 = killbrick
3 = delete (warning: will cause floating bricks and can mess with saving/loading)
4 = disappear

/setBrickVolumeHealth #
A brick will have #*volume health. A 1x1f has a volume of 1, a 1x1 has a volume of 3.
Default is 20.

/setBrickKillTime #
Time in seconds that a brick will fakekill/disappear for. Does not affect off, killbrick, or delete.
Default is 30.

/setBrickRadiusDamage #
0 = off
1 = on (default)
2 = add (radius damage is added to direct damage only against the brick it hit)

Wow thanks man, this will definitely help with the server. I'll test it out now! Thanks once again!

Updating to work with some level of raycasting weapons.