Poll

Pick all that apply. Pick only ones you are currently using, do not count older versions you've tried/used.

Windows XP
Windows Vista
Windows 7
Windows 8 / 8.1
OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
OS X Lion (10.7)
OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
OS X Mavericks (10.9)
Android 2.2 Froyo
Android 2.3.x Gingerbread
Android 3.x Honeycomb
Android 4.0 ICS
Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 JellyBean
Android 4.4 KitKat
iOS 4.x
iOS 5.x
iOS 6.x
iOS 7.x
Ubuntu / Ubuntu based distro
Debian / Debian based distro
Slackware / Slax-based
Arch Linux / Arch-based
Gentoo / Gentoo-based
Fedora Linux / Fedora-based
Mandriva / Mandriva-based
Chrome / Chromium OS
Unlisted OS (please tell me)
*BSD (Any BSD version or variant)
Unlisted GNU/Linux Category

Author Topic: Operating System Poll!  (Read 2893 times)

>windows 8
wow have fun with your stuff computer you picked up at walmart lmfao
I don't really like you or your new attitude

>windows 8
well you have vista so...

I think kindle's stupid ass OS should be added to the poll because the kindle fire is popular enough but if you don't wanna put it up there I understand

I think kindle's stupid ass OS should be added to the poll because the kindle fire is popular enough but if you don't wanna put it up there I understand

the os that kindle fire uses is android iirc. at least, the older versions did. i have no idea what version its using though

edit: i found where it states they're using android but i dont see a version its based off of or anything https://developer.amazon.com/public/solutions/platforms/android-fireos
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 04:04:04 PM by Nikolan »

>windows 8

you used to be cool but what the forget are you doing now lol

the os that kindle fire uses is android iirc. at least, the older versions did. i have no idea what version its using though
it's some derivative of android but it's really heavily customized. like it doesn't even have google play just the lame kindle app store. it's terrible

vista
>vista
have fun with your stuff computer you picked up at a computer recycling center lmfao

it's some derivative of android but it's really heavily customized. like it doesn't even have google play just the lame kindle app store. it's terrible

yeah it says the 2012 models are ICS and 2013 models are jellybean so theres that. its basically just a locked down, themed version of android thats been relabeled

This is true

that's because amazon doesn't have permission to use google's apps (like google play, launcher, chrome, etc.) so they have to make their own

why not? is there some tension between google and amazon or something?

Google doesn't like anyone using their official apps. They do the same thing to aftermarket ROM developers like Cyanogenmod. If you want google apps on aftermarket ROMS you have to flash them all seperately

why not? is there some tension between google and amazon or something?

To use them, you need to be a part of the Open Handset Alliance. Whenever you want to license them for a product, Google (who runs it) has to consider your device "compatible" which has nothing to do with it being compatible or not and is just them checking whether or not you've modified anything even in the slightest.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/googles-iron-grip-on-android-controlling-open-source-by-any-means-necessary/