Author Topic: Taboo's Survival Weapon Pack or Something - wow one gun amazing  (Read 3463 times)

A weapon pack I'm making for use on a large scale zombie survival server I've been working on.

Features
  • Iron Sights that don't suck richard
    Entering ASD will display separate view models that give a better feeling than simply shoving the model inside the player's face. No zoom will be applied, accuracy will just be raised and movement speed will be decreased. This is mainly to avoid messing with player's FOVs now that they can be changed, but it also just prevents some general goofery.
  • Well simulated ammunition inventory
    Weapon ammunition will be based on weapon types and players can carry additional ammunition in their backpacks. Ammunition can be dropped and spawned as physical items, exchanged through events, or deposited into storage bricks.
  • The closest thing to ballistic simulation I can manage in Blockland
    Rounds can ricochet, round velocity will vary along with weight-dependent gravity based on weapon power, and if I can figure out a good way to go about it, body areas hit and bullet travel distance will alter damage.
  • Included weight and stacking information for the Item Storage Mod
    An included download to set limits on players' weapon stacking (That is, no stacking), along with weight definitions for both guns and ammunition to further enforce resource management.
  • Six clear weapon classes with two weapons each, no bullstuff names
    Weapons are divided into six classes (Pistols, Submachineguns, Carbines, Assault Rifles, Designated Marksmans' Rifles, and Shotguns) with each one having two distinct but functionally similar weapons, clearly identified in such a format as "Assault Rifle A" in UI names and by name in icons and CIs.
    (Not final images)

Images

Lots more to come, I have tons of references open in the hopes of making two guns per class.

(Want to help script? I can manage most of this through copy-pasta, but actual help would be appreciated; hmu bby)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:35:05 PM by Anal Blaze »

I love the models. How many total items are you considering the make?

Wher'ia tacjtocool knife

needs more makeshift style guns and less manufactored guns.

Great looking models, I'm going to keep my eye on this

I love the models. How many total items are you considering the make?
12, I'll probably do what I did with H&K:E and recommend Khain's frag grenade. I might make a simple knife, but I'm not sure.

Love that 5-7
thank
It was weird wrapping up the model and seeing that both Nekrumb and that Mustango fella had just made one, but oh well.

Wher'ia tacjtocool knife
n

needs more makeshift style guns and less manufactored guns.
Might do skins or something at some point, but that's more than a secondary concern right now.

Great looking models, I'm going to keep my eye on this
thank much sir

the trigger is too big

Hi, welcome to Blockland.
then it's a stuffty trigger so forget it :)

Oh wow, that's some really lovey models you got goin on their. Keep up the hard work!

EDIT: May be just one gun, but the amount of loveiness, and the amount of really cool amounts of ideas planned for it is just enough to make me smile.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:14:11 PM by (SWAT)28199 »

then it's a stuffty trigger so forget it :)
fyi it's a match trigger with a smooth 2lb trigger pull you caveman

the models are very loveual
i can't wait to forget you up while testing these

also for the damage reduction over range what method are you thinking of using?
i would use schedules but then you'd be faced with having a very steep drop within a millisecond difference

Holy hell flash hiders are difficult

Is this seperate from H&K by any chance? Or does it use it's own base?