Poll

On a scale of 1 to 5, how much did you freak out at this topic title?

1 - Perturbed
176 (15.3%)
2 - Disturbed
80 (6.9%)
3 - Caught the vapors
109 (9.5%)
4 - Myocardial infarction
83 (7.2%)
5 - Can't vote, dead
705 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1148

Author Topic: RIP Blockland  (Read 55293 times)

The only reason i didn't die at the sight of this is because i thought it was by another user making another one of those posts and i was half way through reading the post when i realized that it was posted by badspot

who was that big shot modder back when bl first went retail.
all mad throwing a hissy fit that the files are less open source and harder to make mods.
he claimed tons of fail

who was that big shot modder back when bl first went retail.
all mad throwing a hissy fit that the files are less open source and harder to make mods.
he claimed tons of fail

Well to be fair V8 did have a messy add-on system

Feb 19, 2014
This isn't somone who owns the game, he clearly stated  "is this game dead or dieing fast", merely asking a question about a game he wants to buy, and also wants to know if there is a sequel out so he can buy the newer version, and everyone is stuffting on him now.

Ahh...
What have you done to that poor timestamp?
Why is it that every 3 months someone complains about things not being as good as they used to be?  I swear if you trace all these posts back to the beginning, then apparently the stone age was the peak of human civilization. 
Feeex.
This isn't somone who owns the game, he clearly stated  "is this game dead or dieing fast", merely asking a question about a game he wants to buy, and also wants to know if there is a sequel out so he can buy the newer version, and everyone is stuffting on him now.
Hmmmmm.

Badspot

• Administrator

I understand what he may have meant, I just like that he didn't ask is it "dying or not" he asked is it "dead or dying fast" as if those are the only two options. 

I understand what he may have meant, I just like that he didn't ask is it "dying or not" he asked is it "dead or dying fast" as if those are the only two options. 
I think the issue was that he was asking:
Is this game (dead or dying fast)
like he was trying to say: is it dead/dying?
Not:
Is this game (dead) or (dying fast)

like he's asking specifically if it is dead or dying fast, but assumes it is still alive

not as in 'dead or dying fast' is the only two potential straits that the game could be in, but he is asking specifically if either one is true

not really as ridiculous idiot thinks-he's-clever talkshow host style "is this game DEAD, or just DYING FAST? ha ha ha" as much as it is "how is this game doing?"

Hehe southpark reference.. If anyone got it

Blockland has lived longer than most AAA titles.

Blockland has lived longer than most AAA titles.
Well of course. Triple A titles are normally not created for longevity. They are created to make profit for a developer and it's publisher.

its lasted longer than a AAA duracell battery i had once