Author Topic: Magic: The Gathering thread  (Read 4845 times)

On Tuesday nights there are a bunch of engineering nerds playing on campus that I make fun of.
Hah, forgetin' nerds. Serves them right.

Commander is my preferred play style, but I've hardly got anyone to play it with. I mainly run a Naya-themed deck with Mayael the Anima as my commander.

Yeah, forget them for doing something they probably enjoy.
Commander is my preferred play style, but I've hardly got anyone to play it with. I mainly run a Naya-themed deck with Mayael the Anima as my commander.
I'm running Dimir Mill with Lazav as my commander, but Oona seems to work well too. Mindcrank + Duskmantle Guildmage is probably my favorite combo in the deck.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 08:04:56 PM by KoopaScooper »

Once upon a time, a kid traded me a card. This card he gave me was Chimeric Mass. Two days later, he traded me an entire deck for it back. The end.
I used to play every day, but I kinda drifted away from it.

Hah, forgetin' nerds. Serves them right.
Yeah, forget them for doing something they probably enjoy.
They're not doing what I like and while I hate that I should also be happy they aren't being embarrassing around me either.

They're not doing what I like and while I hate that I should also be happy they aren't being embarrassing around me either.
"Wow, I hate strawberry ice cream. I'm gonna go find all the strawberry ice cream and stuff on it."

Haven't played in a while but still have all my decks set up for when people come over.
Played with Hiiro once too.

"Wow, I hate strawberry ice cream. I'm gonna go find all the strawberry ice cream and stuff on it."
I love strawberry ice cream wtf are you on about?

I just found a place in my town that's actually in biking distance from my house. It not only has a forgetload of cards (like three whole shelves of cards, and like 500-600 mana). I bought some cards today but didnt have time to finish a whole deck. I'm going to have two, maybe one I'll let my friends use to play me. But right now I'm focusing on Swamp and Island cards.

I got a few of really good cards:

A foil Tribute to Hunger (Target opponent sacrifices a creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness)
A rare (Cost me $5) Mikaeus, the Unhallowed (Whenever a human deals damage to you, destroy it. Other non-Human creatures you control get +1/+1 and have undying)
Chill of Foreboding (Each player puts the top five cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard)

I'm so happy that I found a good place. My mom's taking me to complete a deck tomorrow... and maybe they'll have my promo Firemane Avenger there.

lol, I love it 'cause every draft I've gone to I've gotten a mythic rare from.
afterwards I played Dungeons and Dragons with the people at that card shop. :D

I don't like the idea of drafts, just seems like you're throwing a bunch of money to buy some packs and play with a deck you'll only use that one time.


Im fulfilling a deck tomorrow. Swamp and Island themed, but maybe some mountain in there. Recommend me some cards? I have a pretty high budget of $15.

$15 is actually a very small budget for magic cards lol.

If you're running Black, Blue, and Red; you should get Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker

$15 is actually a very small budget for magic cards lol.

If you're running Black, Blue, and Red; you should get Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
It's not where I'm buying. They've got really good deals, and I can basically sit there and pick out what I want.

I got 15 cards, a quarter of a deck, for $10 today, including some uncommons and rares that totaled around $8.