Author Topic: Abduction Gun - Taken away by little green men! (Spaceship not included)  (Read 4435 times)

The Abduction Gun is a red default gun that shoots your enemies into the stratosphere, where they dissapear into a non-visible alien ship and respawn moments later. This gun, however, will not create little green men that fight for you. Inspired by a weapon of the same name in Saints Row 4.

Video
Dropbox
Mediafire

Known bugs:
- The killer is not given any points when the victim dies. This is because the damage of the gun is at zero so the victim doesn't die before being abducted.
- Standing on top of a victim or using the gun indoors instantly kills the person rather than letting them fly up to the full potential.

Couldn't you make the gun do a rediculously low amount of damage to still award the kill?

Couldn't you make the gun do a rediculously low amount of damage to still award the kill?

I don't think it would work. Even if we raised the damage level, the beam kills you once you're high enough, so it would go to the kill(); command.

I could help with the issues.

I could also tell you how to fix them.

I could help with the issues.

I could also tell you how to fix them.

That would be nice.

I'm not really a scripter, but couldn't you make it do very little damage, launch them in the air, then it makes their model (and corpse i would guess) invisible and launches them down, awarding the player the kill?

I'm not really a scripter, but couldn't you make it do very little damage, launch them in the air, then it makes their model (and corpse i would guess) invisible and launches them down, awarding the player the kill?

If that were the case then effects from the invisible corpse disappearing (smoke) showing up would be the problem.

If that were the case then effects from the invisible corpse disappearing (smoke) showing up would be the problem.
How so?

How so?

The person dying mid-air and dissapearing there is apart of the abduction trick. If the body just falls back down it will explode into those puffs of smoke, letting you know that it just fell back down instead of staying up there.

You could just modify ::onDeath to alter the source client/player based on an attribute set by the weapon containing the last person who used it on them, or something along those lines.