Author Topic: New Add-Ons Section?  (Read 5016 times)

The reason everyone used RTB is because our current add-on system is kind of a huge mess. 
i used it for auto-updates

that's my main concern about RTB being gone now

I've also heard many people suggest using the Steam Workshop.  I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Badspot wasn't originally interested in that, but maybe now that RTB is gone it would be a good option?  I'm not so sure how the workshop works and if that'd be practical or not so yea

Remember, there is still a ton of users that don't use Steam, so that would be a bad idea.

I honestly used rtb for the friends lists and stuff

Remember, there is still a ton of users that don't use Steam, so that would be a bad idea.

I'd like to get the game to a slightly more self sustaining place, where user generated content feeds back into the game with little or no input from me.  I guess I've been saying that for years but it's still true.  I guess that means I have to make workshop go.  

I believe he is currently working on / preparing for the Workshop.

Badspot definitely would not struggle with sorting the add-ons - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251183.msg7265518#msg7265518.  Also, the add-ons should be archived into sections as Jirue has stated in the OP, instead of just using BAM.  An official source of add-ons would be the best solution.

Than they can transition and stop complaining, I'm sure the workshop is coming and nothing will stop it.

Or a better solution, but I don't know if Badspot would actually do it.

• Have an archive of add-ons into sections as sub-forums in the add-on forum.
  • Also have a Steam workshop.
  • BAM can be the altnernative for those hipsters that don't want to transition into Steam.

We'll just have to wait and find out.

It's open-source and I'm sure if people want a part of coding it they can, assuming they're good enough.
This is true. If you have an improvement to contribute, file an issue and send a pull request.

I have to agree I'd prefer a Default solution.  I don't want to replace a third party solution with another third party solution.
Contrary to RTB, BAM is developed openly, so even if we disappear anyone ought to be able to run their own master server and take over development (assuming that people switch to their fork, of course).

Badspot definitely would not struggle with sorting the add-ons - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=251183.msg7265518#msg7265518.  Also, the add-ons should be archived into sections as Jirue has stated in the OP, instead of just using BAM.  An official source of add-ons would be the best solution.
Than they can transition and stop complaining, I'm sure the workshop is coming and nothing will stop it.

Or a better solution, but I don't know if Badspot would actually do it.

• Have an archive of add-ons into sections as sub-forums in the add-on forum.
  • Also have a Steam workshop.
  • BAM can be the altnernative for those hipsters that don't want to transition into Steam.

We'll just have to wait and find out.
I really don't want to use Steam just to download my Add-ons, and I really don't want to use the Steam version of Blockland because it's so glitchy and broken.

I think Badspot should take over RTB and make it default for blockland.

I've only had one problem with the steam version so far and I'm pretty sure it was fixed.

One time I tried to change my name and it wouldn't authenticate again, but it hasn't done that anymore so whatevs.

Blake if you are referring to Blockland having bugs on steam, well no stuff, it just got on there not even 4 months ago, new things will have bugs, I hope you now understand.  Also, yeah Jirue had the same issue, fixed though.

I've only had one problem with the steam version so far and I'm pretty sure it was fixed.

One time I tried to change my name and it wouldn't authenticate again, but it hasn't done that anymore so whatevs.
Here's one. It just doesn't work on linux without running all of steam through WINE.

Back up your arguments.
I wasn't starting an argument? I was stating something.

I wasn't starting an argument? I was stating something.

Definitely an argument, back up your views if that's how you want to look at it.

Definitely an argument, back up your views if that's how you want to look at it.
You can't tell me what to do, forget off.

If I think it's glitchy and buggy, I think it is. That's my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:45:57 PM by Blake1 »