Author Topic: Raycasting  (Read 4404 times)

Oh. Well you can just call settransform() or create an animation to have movement, even though it's not physics based.
Can you move the collision box in an animation?

Homing laser.

Mmmalright...

Can you move the collision box in an animation?
Why would it need a collision box?

Why would it need a collision box?
It wouldn't, i'm just curious.

It wouldn't, i'm just curious.
So, do you mean when animated in Torque via script, or in a modeling program?

You cant animate in torque. You can move, scale and rotate, but not animate.

You cant animate in torque. You can move, scale and rotate, but not animate.
That's the same thing (it's what I meant, too). I should probably use the more common terminology, though. I was just wondering if you meant script-based movement or keyframe-based movement.

I believe I have an implementation of tracers for raycast weapons which works well in an unfinished weapon pack somewhere. If you're having trouble implementing the whole scaling and rotating part I could package it up for use.

I believe I have an implementation of tracers for raycast weapons which works well in an unfinished weapon pack somewhere. If you're having trouble implementing the whole scaling and rotating part I could package it up for use.
is it static shape based or emitter based?

also a bit of a change of plans, I figured out the projectile speed override so I don't need to do the redirection anymore, however I do plan on having another weapon that raycasts.

I haven't even the slightest idea where to start though, are static shapes made with code or from a source .dts?

is it static shape based or emitter based?

also a bit of a change of plans, I figured out the projectile speed override so I don't need to do the redirection anymore, however I do plan on having another weapon that raycasts.

I haven't even the slightest idea where to start though, are static shapes made with code or from a source .dts?
they're made from a dts

what port is talking about is that he made a tracer implementation by taking a 1x1x1 TU static shape and rotating it and scaling it so it looks like a line behind the projectile.