Poll

No Poll at the Moment

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: ...  (Read 227335 times)

After several bug fixing, figuring out why the functioning lights weren't working properly, and attempting to recall how to apply drift, the Hiro DR debuted into game!

This is a separate model to the original Hiro; Given that there will be an exclusive "Cage" kit to this car, and also this: NightHawk's first animated handbrake!

it doesn't look very happy about it

Nice! Am exited for this one :D

Filipe had this in his Drift Venom from the 1st Gen. Why'd he stop doing it?

Originally, it was added in the Citi in the past, but I think the feature was removed.

NightHawk's first animated handbrake!

Now, Blockland shall progress in the future and soon with the first Animated Gas pedals ever! ...........Coming in 2021.
Hey, animated speedometers that are animate by your pedal from your bps increasing and decreasing should be a thing someday.

animated gas pedals. what a great idea. I love putting a lot of effort into something which is out of sight 99% of the time

Because you don't pull the handbrake all the time on Rally cars like the Citi Rally, but you do way more often on a drift car like the Venom.

animated gas pedals. what a great idea. I love putting a lot of effort into something which is out of sight 99% of the time
    I wouldn't say 99% of the time. I will admit that it isn't used that often though. I think it could be because of 3 reasons. (Disclaimer, I'm not there is anything wrong with any of your vehicles. These are just the reasons as why I think no one drives in the roosterpit view).

• 1: Seating position. I've raced in quite a few sim-racers and most of them have a good seating position. Allowing me to see out of the car with good visibility (even though I do tend to change my FOV and how high and far my driver sits). BL though isn't really ideal for seeing out of a car, as you're either too low and only see the steering wheel or the hood is too high and you can't see the rest of the world around you. Not every car has this problem though. You just get a better sense of perspective in other games.

• 2: Chaotic Servers. For the most part there aren't a lot of BL servers that are really calm enough to enjoy a casual drive in roosterpit view on a Sunday morning. Lots of servers are like a mini battle field where you have to be alert so that you can avoid being blown up every 10 seconds.

• 3: Physics. Keyboard steering just isn't precise enough in the roosterpit view. In the third person view it's fine, as you can see everything around you. Making smaller adjustments is far easier than when you're in the roosterpit view where small adjustments may make you fly into space at 500 mph. Sure you have mouse steering but I find mouse steering to be slightly twitchy at the best of times, though many games have this problem. Race07, ETS 2 and so on and so forth.

This is all just my personal opinion though.

Now, Blockland shall progress in the future and soon with the first Animated Gas pedals ever! ...........Coming in 2021.
    Hey, animated speedometers that are animate by your pedal from your bps increasing and decreasing should be a thing someday.
    We discussed the animating speedometers back in Filipe's topic, and it's a complicated mess that's claimed impossible.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:32:51 AM by Night_Hawk »

We discussed the animating speedometers back in Filipe's topic, and it's a complicated mess that's claimed impossible.
    Actually maybe there is a way. Maybe you can have Xalo's Speedometer as some sort of 2D3D speedo and glue it to the roosterpit speedo. Something like that

Actually maybe there is a way. Maybe you can have Xalo's Speedometer as some sort of 2D3D speedo and glue it to the roosterpit speedo. Something like that
    Xalo's Speedometer is a client-sided UI Add-On, so you can't really place it on the dash behind the steering wheel.

Xalo's Speedometer is a client-sided UI Add-On, so you can't really place it on the dash behind the steering wheel.
    This

I always appreciate them bby <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYwIYEvsT3A