Author Topic: Roblox is Dead  (Read 72519 times)

Just want to remind those of you anticipating Lego Universe's release that it is a video game made by the Lego Company...
Actually, wrong. It's being made by NetDevil and TLC. (For you non-informed nubz, TLC = The Lego Company)

if it will be truly sandbox like blockland. hundred thousands of bricks at no lag i can enjoy with others.
then i will play.

if not then it can go brick itself

Lookies
1. The minifig creation looks annoying, no originality, pick between head, feet, and mid-body. It looks like it'll give you a head ach.
2. The "workshop" looks gay. It looks like you will only get to make vehicles, and mabey some select buildings, not any kind of "Build anywhere, anytime"
3. The darking battle looks like a kind of cut seen, no epic protect-the-city battles.

Over-all, it looks stupid. Don't be scared, Badspot.

Just want to remind those of you anticipating Lego Universe's release that it is a video game made by the Lego Company...
Actually, wrong. It's being made by NetDevil and TLC. (For you non-informed nubz, TLC = The Lego Company)

I think you missed my point...

As an example...just because Dawn of War was made by THQ doesn't mean Gamesworkshop is gonna allow them to include pink fairy unicorns in the game.

LEGO may be trying to keep all its games kid friendly but it's abusive and some might argue that it violates a statute or 2 of the USA Constitution.

At best, Universe will offer a few lulz and an entrance for tommorow's youth into the often dehabilitating world of MMO games.

They haven't got anything on Blockland as far as I can.

Tom

Lego universe dosn't look that good. The best things about will be its non-lag. Also, it looks like its not going to be very sandbox because it will have all the "themes". Not the cooler older themes but I'm pretty sure that it will be mostely the stupid animne themse.

lego universe=multilayer Digital design in first person.

Wonder if it'll even be in first person. :cookieMonster:
But Blockland looks better even judging only by the trailer of LU (LEGO Universe).

Lookies
1. The minifig creation looks annoying, no originality, pick between head, feet, and mid-body. It looks like it'll give you a head ach.
2. The "workshop" looks gay. It looks like you will only get to make vehicles, and mabey some select buildings, not any kind of "Build anywhere, anytime"
3. The darking battle looks like a kind of cut seen, no epic protect-the-city battles.

Over-all, it looks stupid. Don't be scared, Badspot.
You can tell that its not from in-game, no games have that advanced animation yet.

Also the saying that Roblox doesn't lag is a horrible lie, the lag was so bad it took 3 seconds for my player to react to any thing I do.

Well, I have a pretty good feeling that it wasn't actually a trailer (READ: in-game footage).  It looks more like a CG animated tech demo to show off potential features.  I HIGHLY doubt it was in-game footage.

Actually, animation like that is very possible.  Look at Lego Star Wars.   The minifigs look very nice.  They move a lot like the ones in the trailer.

hate to brag (i dont) but i have a lovey computer machine here, and 12M innernets

try to build anything decent, and i lagged up the ass on roblox. physics don't make up for this folly. the game is just awful

roblox has many users... i play it. every day tons of people are online over 100,00 members. it is just that they are not playing games

Badspot should sue lego for stealing his idea of a online brick building game =D

I decided to visit roblox before it died...

first off, the minifig does look horrible, but I liked that you could upload an image on your chest. anyways when I got in, I noticed the controls, although not as bad as previously mentioned, reaching over for the jump key is just hard when your shooting( on another note, you can shoot behind yourself with the slingshot)
I brought up the insert menu... 3 minutes later I got into the insert menu, then I looked around the things in it, with 3 minute loading time between menus. Having prebuilt teams and CTF is nice, and the entire menu is fine except for the loading times.
Anyways I built-- or tried to build something. It was hard to get used to and the third person would mess up and the brick would tilt on its own. It was also hard to get it in the right spot because its so sensitive. I cant imagine trying to make a real build like that.
I decided to destroy the demo house to test the physics, and they were ok, not too realistic, but ok.(house being held up by one brick, layer falling down on top of the destroyed layer with no bricks lost)
I decided to join an online server, to see how that went.
It was a challenge server, A heavily modified one, there was no lag but it was hard( especially since im not used to the controls)
So I joined another one.
This one was a zombie server, which wwas actually pretty cool, but the weapons were unresponsive and I died alot due to slow weapons.

first off, the minifig does look horrible, but I liked that you could upload an image on your chest.
------------------------
The only thing wrong with the Roblox Minifig is that creepy smile. Ours is way more customizable.

anyways when I got in, I noticed the controls, although not as bad as previously mentioned, reaching over for the jump key is just hard when your shooting( on another note, you can shoot behind yourself with the slingshot)
That's true, although W,S,D,A are controls most games use.

quote]I brought up the insert menu... 3 minutes later I got into the insert menu, then I looked around the things in it, with 3 minute loading time between menus. Having prebuilt teams and CTF is nice, and the entire menu is fine except for the loading times.[
That's exaggerating. I will admit that the insert menu takes a while to load, but the time is under a minute.

Anyways I built-- or tried to build something. It was hard to get used to and the third person would mess up and the brick would tilt on its own. It was also hard to get it in the right spot because its so sensitive. I cant imagine trying to make a real build like that.
I decided to destroy the demo house to test the physics, and they were ok, not too realistic, but ok.(house being held up by one brick, layer falling down on top of the destroyed layer with no bricks lost)
That is because you tried building in Solo Mode. Try using the Roblox Studio
 (from Start--->All Programs-->ROBLOX-->ROBLOX Studio if you are using a PC) That will also give you acsess to tools such as Grab, Move on Axis, and Resize. Building on Roblox is much easier than it is on Blockland.

I decided to join an online server, to see how that went.
It was a challenge server, A heavily modified one, there was no lag but it was hard( especially since im not used to the controls)
So I joined another one.
This one was a zombie server, which wwas actually pretty cool, but the weapons were unresponsive and I died alot due to slow weapons.

That's because the owner of the server made or added weapons with slow reload times.

-Rombom, Roblox Member.