Garry's mod is borked

Author Topic: Garry's mod is borked  (Read 376 times)

So I got Garry's mod a while back, although I don't have half life or anything to go with it. So I realized that none of the textures and stuff was showing up and I went online and downloaded everything separately. It seemed to have worked for the most part, except that I'm still getting this one error over and over again for a certain set of maps.

I'll download the addons and everything from a server just fine, and then it tells me that I'm missing a map and it disconnects. I don't understand- isn't it supposed to be downloading all this from the workshop anyway? Why isn't it working? I found a page with a whole list of things to try, but nothing has worked. I tried validating my game files, getting rid of the cache, lua, and maps files, I've made sure IE wasn't in offline mode, and I made sure that Garry's mod was set to download things from servers. What do?

You have no Source games? You can't play Gmod.

Buy counter strike: source.

It's a number of maps, like cs_italy and that sorta thing. Although for some reason now it seems to be working with cs_office at least

It's a number of maps, like cs_italy and that sorta thing. Although for some reason now it seems to be working with cs_office at least
Alright, buy CSS.