Author Topic: Disease  (Read 12194 times)

Played this, cool concept, but really really boring. It needs to be a lot more fast paced in my opinion.

Played this, cool concept, but really really boring. It needs to be a lot more fast paced in my opinion.
How would this be more fast paced?

I usually get more points from spreading the disease than I get from surviving. It would be cool if we got points for killing the infected, and maybe a little more for surviving.

I made a blockland game play on this! Had a blast! Posting it on YouTube right now, will post The link later

I usually get more points from spreading the disease than I get from surviving. It would be cool if we got points for killing the infected, and maybe a little more for surviving.
Since last night, killing infected gets you points.

How would this be more fast paced?

Instead of clicking to infect someone, maybe make a projectile shoot from their mouth. Also, faster movement speed.

could use a new map, more spread out, and buildings have multiple routes to the top instead of linear, campy staircases. also, weapon pickups with limited ammunition that despawn upon pickup would be useful as well if you move to a new map. a taser or some other item that stops or slows infected would be neat as well

Issue: The blue building that the heli lands on 1/8 of the time has ZERO alternate ways to the top
and i mean none
you can only go up the stairs inside
that's it
no climbing around the outside
whenever that building gets picked, only one or even zero survivors make it out
because it's sooooo easy for the diseased to camp it
cause
you know
only one path to block.

ok nonononon

keep this slow and tentative. fast paced would be defeating the purpose of a gamemode which is already good but for reasons zapk might be straight unaware of

most servers in blockland are fast-paced and frantic. i know this because i deliberately cultivate this 90% of the time

this one isn't, but is still very good, so don't try to mess with the forgetin formula

could use a new map, more spread out, and buildings have multiple routes to the top instead of linear, campy staircases. also, weapon pickups with limited ammunition that despawn upon pickup would be useful as well if you move to a new map. a taser or some other item that stops or slows infected would be neat as well

slow down

if anything, give ranged weapons to exactly one person per round and have that guy drop the gun when he gets infected/killed, so everyone ends up trying to scramble and keep the gun in order to keep that single advantage

don't get too intricate with weapon choice in a game that isn't actually about the weapons

Or possible replace that with a medpack that can provide a chance of immunity for [insert number of clicks to be infected].

Or possible replace that with a medpack that can provide a chance of immunity for [insert number of clicks to be infected].
That seems way too overkill.

I mean like, you can only use it a certain number of times and it only has a chance for immunity.

Once the person dies players can pick it up and use what is left.

There should be a police officer who has a pistol that drops upon death, but has no melee weapon. That'd be a good drawback for the ranged weapon.

There should be a police officer who has a pistol that drops upon death, but has no melee weapon. That'd be a good drawback for the ranged weapon.

And picking it up makes you drop your melee weapon?