Author Topic: How to catch a recurring thief?  (Read 5510 times)

In my county at least (maybe my state, but not sure), you can kill someone in self defense if they pose a risk to life or property just by stepping over your property line.

Like say, someone comes running onto my property with a baseball bat to smash out my car windows, I have a right to shoot him.

That's a stuff law then. Anyone that would shoot someone over property damage is a terrible loving person.

please but some nails in the baseball bat i wont this to get good
EDIT how about you superglue some thumbtacks all over and so some kind of swag spin move hitting in the face around 5-6 times until you finish him with the nail in the bay+-
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:37:23 PM by MonkeyFunkyMonkey »

hide in the backseat under a blanket

Dress yourself as Bigfoot and hide in the car so when they open the door you'll pop out and scream. They should run and you will chase them for a while. They'll then think twice about going into your car.

Take creamshots from Starbucks and squeeze them on all the doorhandles of the car

In my county at least (maybe my state, but not sure), you can kill someone in self defense if they pose a risk to life or property just by stepping over your property line.
I'm bored
have no friends or social life
and I loving LOVE these politics, just these in particular, nothing more
so here we loving go ♥

According to your profile, you reside in:
St Louis, Missouri

Let's begin with the basics, what we're discussing here is called a Castle Doctrine. I'll spare the opinions and go straight to the copy-paste from wikipedia for the details:
A castle doctrine (also known as a castle law or a defense of habitation law) is a legal doctrine that designates a person's abode (or, in some states, any legally-occupied place [e.g., a vehicle or workplace]) as a place in which that person has certain protections and immunities permitting him or her, in certain circumstances, to use force (up to and including deadly force) to defend themselves against an intruder, free from legal responsibility/prosecution for the consequences of the force used.[1] Typically deadly force is considered justified, and a defense of justifiable homicide applicable, in cases "when the actor reasonably fears imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm to him or herself or another".[1] The doctrine is not a defined law that can be invoked, but a set of principles which is incorporated in some form in the law of many states.
Bold is important
italicized is good stuff
underline is like my holy grail of life
all three means if you miss it I'll skewer you and mount your head in my yard like an ADT sign. I ain't playin' here kiddies.

Now, if you Would like to follow along like a sing-along, if you scroll down (anyone can follow this, I'm just doing Missouri in particular for XR) you can find your local state's castle doctrine. Here's yours XR!

Extends to any building, inhabitable structure, or conveyance of any kind, whether the building, inhabitable structure, or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile (e.g., a camper, RV or mobile home), which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people lodging therein at night, whether the person is residing there temporarily, permanently or visiting (e.g., a hotel or motel), and any vehicle. The defense against civil suits is absolute and includes the award of attorney's fees, court costs, and all reasonable expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff.
So basically you can protect your property, yourself, and all fees get covered provided you 'win' the trial.

But that's Wikipedia, we can't fully trust that, so instead we go to your state's actual laws RIGHT HERE!!
Now I'm not gonna quote this all like it's the bible (hail satan) but I will quote this, because it's relevant and I can!
2. A person may not use deadly force upon another person under the circumstances specified in subsection 1 of this section unless:

(1) He or she reasonably believes that such deadly force is necessary to protect himself, or herself or her unborn child, or another against death, serious physical injury, or any forcible felony;

So to recap:
No, you cannot shoot a thief dead just because he stole your sunglasses and drivers license. That is unreasonable force, and would earn you some time in the county jail, possibly prison for murder charges. You CAN shoot him in the leg, pin him down and await cops and knee him in the balls for good measure. But no shooty-deathy stuff. That's a no-no.

I ain't playin' here kiddies.
Would like to follow along like a sing-along
But no shooty-deathy stuff. That's a no-no.
this is unbelievably obnoxious and just makes you seem childish

this is unbelievably obnoxious and just makes you seem childish
that was kind of the point. I shouldn't have to explain CD at all.
Sorry mom

that was kind of the point. I shouldn't have to explain CD at all.
the point was to make yourself seem like a child? alrighty then
Sorry mom
you were born to be an idiot

Here's what I'd do!:
>Hide in bushes
>Punks come to steal
>Get pictures of punks mid act
>Show pictures to local authorities
>They do official things, while you sit back
>???
>Profit

Just a heads up if it hasn't already been said, if you find this guy and beat him with a baseball bat. You are going to get pinned with an assault with a deadly weapon charge. As deserving as it may be, unless he is trying to attack you you can't just walk up and hit him with a bat.

Set up a security camera on the cars.

^I would just put a night vision camera in a concealed place to watch your car. Also if your car has an alarm then I would utilize that.

the point was to make yourself seem like a child? alrighty then
you were born to be an idiot
You seem to be the only person who has a problem with it. If anything, the fact that it bothers you so much is more troubling than my word choice.

That's a stuff law then. Anyone that would shoot someone over property damage is a terrible loving person.

lol forget with my car i forget you up but yeah in South Carolina thats legal