Author Topic: EARTHQUAKE SCIENCE CLASS PROJECT IN BLOCKLAND [it didnt happen :(]  (Read 4487 times)

And that's the main reason I mentioned sound in the first place, you're good at it.
But there is more to that, the schools computers. Are they up to date? And have you tried to run Blockland on there before?

That's my last worry. I'll record a home-video of it and use it as a last ditch if things really go south.

But, hey, I guess none of you know me. If I didn't know at all what I was doing, I wouldn't have asked to start the project in the first place.
Yes, we can tell exactly what you are doing.

Remind me, how many of those projects have you completed?

Yes, we can tell exactly what you are doing.

Remind me, how many of those projects have you completed?

All of them. I just kept them private because of the ill number of people joining due to server names that did not peak interest. Of course, you wouldn't know, you are too busy staring and complaining at the Family RP's. Are you?

I should have known not to post about the project. This forum cant even have a decent topic about a project without people already starting to doubt efforts.

All of them. I just kept them private because of the ill number of people joining due to server names that did not peak interest. Of course, you wouldn't know, you are too busy staring and complaining at the Family RP's. Are you?

I should have known not to post about the project. This forum cant even have a decent topic about a project without people already starting to doubt efforts.
Look at that.

I may not have been clear but: Making something like this and showing it off to your school will not make you cool, it will outcast you.

Aware, what would you know? It's not like you've tried anything special lately, all you've done is posted in the offtopic section and sometimes inside of unoriginal, but yes good-looking servers on the same board. Instead of being vague and saying "oh dont do that" just loving post evidence.

Aware, what would you know? It's not like you've tried anything special lately, all you've done is posted in the offtopic section and sometimes inside of unoriginal, but yes good-looking servers on the same board. Instead of being vague and saying "oh dont do that" just loving post evidence.
I am warning you that whatever imagination you have made in your head is not how it will work in reality.

Yeah test it with a friend at school days ahead. make sure it's network will allow lan games.

I am warning you that whatever imagination you have made in your head is not how it will work in reality.
What the forget are you doing? He has a great imagination. It's people like you who destroy creativity. Holy loving stuff... people like you make me sick. Don't be that guy who says "You can't do it" and start acting like someone people look up to. Also another point I'd like to say is that this is an "Unprofessional" project. It's not like his whole life depends on this. He just wants to contribute.

roblox would work better for this.

You should totally record this while your class is doing it.

You should totally record this while your class is doing it.
I was thinking of making a really dramatically cinematic video, slow motion all that! :P

If you don't know how to script, you're pretty much screwed on this project.

DO NOT give a POOP about ANYBODY who tries to convince you not to do this.

Be creative. Don't care about what anyone in your class thinks about you. Do something different and PROVIDE an interesting way to help your classmates visualize an earthquake.

WHO CARES if it seems "out of place"? If you can design and build it correctly with messageAll events that state facts about the earthquake or its detection (such as a center print saying "A nearby seismograph predicts that an earthquake of magnitude xxx will....) or something neat like that.

As long as you let the players experience an earthquake with sound effects and provide some real information about them in the server, you're golden.

This is not impossible at all. If anyone tells you that, once again, dismiss their comment.

This is a great idea that you are undertaking. Make what you want and be as creative as you can.

Challenge the structure of  current education and do something unique, such as this project.

Education plus fun is simply a win-win situation. I highly suggest that you do this.

Maybe it will take some work, but it will pay off.

I would recommend:

-Go to http://blockland.us/files/BlocklandPortable.zip and extract it to a flash drive.

Bring this flash drive to school and see if it's even possible to run blockland on the school computers. This is a crucial step because if they can't, you'll need to change your plan.

If you fail, try lowering all settings to the minimum possible. Hopefully it will work.

-Assuming that you can run the game on the school computers, just save the blocklandportable package to each computer so that they can play it without administrative privileges.

And of course, as you know, you'll need to authenticate your copy of the game, make a lan server, and make everyone else a demo user who joins your lan server.

I hope you succeed. Just remember that innovation is what matters, not what some clown tells you who thinks he's a role model.