Author Topic: Gigantic earthquake in cali  (Read 1860 times)

Most of Cali's "notable" earthquakes occur pretty close to where I live. This one actually happened in the city where my mom works. I was in bed and it probably lulled me further into sleep.
Still don't know why those fools chose to live  on or a few miles from a coastline. That San Andres fault line can be pretty unforgiving at times.
*cough*SanFrancisco*cough*

Up here in Canada we get barely any earthquakes.


A tornado is far more terrifying than an earthquake, as those things are more common down here in the south eastern part of the United States.

Up here in Canada we get barely any earthquakes.
if you live in the mainland yes.

about a year ago Vancouver got a fair shake, and it made its way into central BC. It wasn't really powerful, but it was really strange to feel my chair shaking while i wasnt doing anything.

if you live in the mainland yes.
Yeah.
I live in Ontario and have never felt a earthquake ever.

stuff OP you nearly gave me a heart attack, I have friends and family in cali. "Gigantic" would imply a hell of a lot more than stuff falling off shelves.

Only been through one 6.8 earthquake, was very jiggly.


It was so big it shook the welfare out of the Californians  :cookieMonster:

There was an "earthquake" or some other type of Seismic activity where I live a couple weeks ago (which is pretty rare, since Britain is miles away from any fault-lines or volcanic activity.

I didn't feel it though, but lots of people apparantly did.
Sort of a shame. That was probably the only earthquake I'll ever experience.

I was on the balcony of a hundred story building when an large earthquake hit in Taiwan. I could see the building bending and twisting up at the very top while i was in it. That was the scariest moment of my life. Thankfully the buildings were designed for it since it was a common thing.


WTF I was asleep and I didn't even wake up from the earthquake.

I'm more east LA county, though.

I'm in SD and I didn't feel it at all. 4.4 isn't big.