Author Topic: Item Alternator  (Read 1255 times)

I feel like this would be a fun script for a very simple arena deathmatch. In the script the admins should be able to create a series of items to use each round. For example:

1st Round: Swords
2nd Round Pistols
3rd Round Shotguns
4th Round Sniper Rifles and Knives
5th Round Rocket Launchers

on the 6th Round (or whatever round you choose) it restarts the series.

All the rounds should be customizable. (As in I can change the sword to an assault rifle). This script would add a lot of variety to deathmatch servers.

And a random option from a set of weapons.
Yes please.

I had an event where it adds a random item, I might have to mod it so you don't get any tools like the hammer, wrench, printer, etc.

Do that with events?
If you event this you have to have a seperate spawn room, which makes arena impossible when people refuse to spawn.

If you event this you have to have a seperate spawn room, which makes arena impossible when people refuse to spawn.
Add some sort of timer that kills you 60 seconds after you spawn if you don't GTFO.

Add some sort of timer that kills you 60 seconds after you spawn if you don't GTFO.
Just because you can do something with events does not mean a script wouldn't be helpful. It just isn't practical to create a "spawn room" for every time you want to play this type of deathmatch. Creating a series of events like this isn't even easy (and honestly, I do not think it is possible but I may be wrong).

TLDR; Just because it is possible with events doesn't mean it isn't a good idea.

Just because you can do something with events does not mean a script wouldn't be helpful. It just isn't practical to create a "spawn room" for every time you want to play this type of deathmatch. Creating a series of events like this isn't even easy (and honestly, I do not think it is possible but I may be wrong).

TLDR; Just because it is possible with events doesn't mean it isn't a good idea.
I've wanted to say that so many times in other situations but couldn't find the right words.
I like your way of thinking.

Except scripting is considerably harder and less people can do it. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Except scripting is considerably harder and less people can do it. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.
That is why it is a suggestion. I am not telling someone they have to do it, and I understand if it gets passed up. Although, from the little I know about scripting, a script like this would be fairly simple.