Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165855 times)

I'm having issues with rotor displacement :(

it currently is buggy and needs a hotfix

I still don't get why this game has rubber tires. It doesn't make sense. The vacuum would destroy them and make them go boom.

I still don't get why this game has rubber tires. It doesn't make sense. The vacuum would destroy them and make them go boom.

What do Lunar vehicles use for their tires?

Oh, interesting. I just looked up the Apollo Lunar Roving Vehicle, and its tires were like a wire mesh with metal chevrons for traction.

how does that not make sense? tires on earth are also at higher pressures than atmospheric

how does that not make sense? tires on earth are also at higher pressures than atmospheric

yes but earth isn't a void atmosphere

the atmospheric pressure keeps the tires from expanding too much though
with no air in space, the pressure would be enough to rip the tire apart

if you lower the pressure in the tire by 14.7 psi its the same differential pressure

its the same reason spacesuits dont explode

Keen's forum mods are deleting reaction images and memes  :cookieMonster:

Wait why their mods are usually alright

solid rubber?

what you mean with that?

"Not stuff" I would assume.

solid rubber?
That would explain the extreme rigidness and lack of compression and smashing my floor to bits at only 1G.

Keen's forum mods are deleting reaction images and memes  :cookieMonster:
Good.

You're assuming they're at a standard earth pressure. In space it'd be a very low pressure inside the tire.